Horizon Off Road Trailer for sale

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
To celebrate the MLK weekend I thought I'd post my trailer for sale. The trailer was manufactured in the summer of 2005 and has been used a few times by my family and I. The trailer went down to Baja as part of a Patagonia shoot with 3 top women surfers (I wasn't allowed to go!!), and it's been used for the occasional rental.

The trailer has some scratches and dings, giving it character I like to think, but basically it's very sound.

The PDF document attached shows how the trailer is equipped right now. The Horizon has a Torsionflex axle with 3500 lb bearing derated to 2500 lbs. The tent is an Overland Medium RTT (queen size), and a Treg multi axis coupler.

In the past 7 years we have had eight trailers come back for resale on the open market. So this does represent a rare opportunity.

To buy a similarly equipped trailer today would cost $13230.00, I am asking $6500.00 for the trailer.

Please e mail me at martyn@adventuretrailers.com or PM me.

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Oh man... nope, gotta pass... I want a series more... but dang... ok, I'm going to talk to Suzi...:jumping:

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Man,that sounds like a good deal. Unfortunately I cannot partake at this time either.

flywgn

Explorer
That's an excellent price, Martyn. More than 'fair'. I'll bet someone will snatch that one up quickly.

Allen R

Martyn

LandCruiserPhil said:
Question via email sent

Phil asked some great questions the answers to which will help clarify a few things.

The pictures are not current, I'll see about having some taken, but I'm not in Southern California right now. The date on the attached pictures is incorrect, I'm the type of guy who's VCR flashes 12:00

The following were replaced or added a year ago, awning, tires, second Lifeline group 31 AGM battery, tent.

You can read up on torsion axles here http://dexteraxle.com/torflex_axles

By de-rated I mean the rubber suspension components have been rated to 2500 lbs to give a softer ride, while the bearings still remain at 3500 lbs.

Apart from the axles being different everything else is basically the same as current production models.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
So Martyn, are you selling this becasue you want to move up to your new clamshell?? :wings: :shakin: :jump: :hehe:

Does look like a great price. Someone is going to be a happy camper.

Martyn

Tucson T4R said:
So Martyn, are you selling this becasue you want to move up to your new clamshell?? :wings: :shakin: :jump: :hehe:

Does look like a great price. Someone is going to be a happy camper.

I'm selling the trailer for a few reasons.

After winter sets in here in Truckee I can't keep a trailer here because of the snow, and we may have to go back to South Africa for my wife's research right as the weather starts to get nice here, so I may not be using the trailer until the Summer time.

My second vehicle a Subaru is having some difficulties. Binding in the 4WD due to a solenoid malfunction, and misfiring that may be due to a loose valve guide.

My wife has decided my Jeep will now be her vehicle as she doesn’t want to break down on the road. So the Subaru is my vehicle now. I'm looking at renovating our FJ55 and doing a diesel conversion on it but that takes time and the Subaru may stop working completely in the mean time.

Like you guys we have a family budget and a replacement vehicle isn't built into it. I'm hoping the $6500 will be the cushion we need to float us through.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Martyn,

My apologies. I didn't intend to dig into your business. Just wanted to poke you on the possibility of a clamshell design in the future. :costumed-smiley-007

Sounds like a logical plan to me.

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Martyn said:
...After winter sets in here in Truckee I can't keep a trailer here because of the snow...

Ahem... there's no snow down here in the valley...:ylsmoke: :jump:

But seriously, someone is going to get a great deal.:26_7_2: Good luck with the sale.

Martyn

Tucson T4R said:
Martyn,

My apologies. I didn't intend to dig into your business. Just wanted to poke you on the possibility of a clamshell design in the future. :costumed-smiley-007

Sounds like a logical plan to me.

No problem Mate.

The Clamshell is in the works. All I have to do is work out how to get to the grocery store and get my daughter to school, no school bus !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles