The Dirt Lab

AuntieM

Observer
The Build will resume... eventually

Hello,I am actually the "Better Half", and my health has recovered slowly, but well. Thank you everyone for the kind wishes and positive thoughts. I am a very determined person and I really was excited about this project. We have decided to resume the build on the Dirt Lab. Our plans have been downsized and we have listened to everyone's advise to keep it simple.

With the Holidays approaching we will be spending time with our family. Then immediately grabbing our truck camper and heading to Baja for the rest of the winter. Once we return, we plan on beginning the build on the Dirt Lab. We will keep you posted on any progress....:sombrero:

The Build is Back on!

Deconstruct 1.jpg The deconstruction has begun!

We have traced down all the wiring . The plan is starting with the windows and replacing one of the A/C units with a vent fan.

dave1014

Adventurer
First suggestion is to flush the ford gold coolant. Go to a Cat EC-1 rated red elc and add a coolant filter. Between that and the Bulletprppf egr and oil coolers you should be set

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

We are removing them because they have lost their seal. Plus, they do not open and we need some air circulation. If you are still interested, pm me and I'll get right back to you.

Slowly, we begin

Starting to order materials:

New sliding windows for drivers and passengers side windows
Fantastic Fan
Thetford C200 cassette toilet

will be ordering a NovaCool 12v fridge soon

We are excited, each day it seems like our plan gets simpler and clearer. Pictures to follow soon.

joeyabisa

Adventurer
Good luck all around folks. Looks like an awesome vehicle. Can't wait to see you guys off to Baja. Please create a travel thread so we can follow along!

Picture Update

DSC06125.jpg Blank Slate

Passengers RearDSC06123.jpg
The pressurizer is now out, ready for the new windows.

DSC06126.jpg The 12 v fridge will fit under the existing counter. We will be re-purposing all of the existing uppers. Keeping the corian counter and water tanks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles