Norcold Fridge?

LawlerClan

Observer
Any experience with Norcold fridges? I am looking at a used Norcold MFRT 340 but haven't been able to find much information.

TIA

Chip

oldcj5guy

Adventurer
I can't find info on the 340, but by the MFRT designation I assume it is a chest freezer. I have 2 Norcold units and have been very happy with both.
Got one for free from a dealership I worked at and found the second older one on craigslist for $50 and have used both extensively. I can't compare them to the other units on the market as I have never used one.

oldcj5guy

Adventurer
The $50 I picked up is a MFRT 640B. I mainly bought it for the cords, but it works so well that I have used it a bit already. I replaced the 120v cord on my big unit with the cord from a computer monitor. Perfect fit.

I have been very happy with the operation of my other unit. I have had it for a few years and probably ran it for a total of about 300 days in that time.
I had to replace a board right after getting it, but that was stupidity from a friend. NEVER RUN ON 12V WITH A BATTERY CHARGER HOOKED UP!! It fries the board rather quickly.

TeriAnn

Explorer
LawlerClan said:
Any experience with Norcold fridges?

I've been using a Norcold chest fridge since 1996. I had a slide switch go bad a couple years back and soldered in a new one from my local electronic component supply. Otherwise it has provided faithful unfailing service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke