Axle Source?

mojave joe

Observer
I've recently acquired a tent trailer that I'm planning to upgrade the suspension for some off road travel. I am looking for a source for a 2k axle with 6 lug drums to fit my Tacoma wheels. Anyone have suggestions?

VDBAZFJ

Adventurer
I'd like to find a good source too. My local supplier is expensive and not very helpful. There was a link I read on another thread (can't recall right now the name) but it looks like it is only a wholesale place. Not sure how to order from them. Looking forward to any info posted. :)

DeathSquid

ABC doesnt answer emails or phone calls so forget them. I am STILL trying to find measurements for my M416A1 axle. Agh. Makes me want to dump this sorry trailer and all of its pieces which are scattered around my garage.

VDBAZFJ

Adventurer
Deathsquid...what is different with your trailer? Can you get an axle with no perches and put them where you want?

TRACTION

Adventurer
I just recently purchased an axle for my M101A2 from Redneck Trailer Supply. Called them directly. Great prices and fair shipping cost as well. Saved me a few hundred dollars sourcing it locally.

klb67

Observer
Do yourself a favor and go to Redneck's website, use the info on there, and call them.

I try to buy local when I can - I called a localish trailer parts place. I was waffling between a 2K and a 3.5K axle and needed help. It was clear the local place didn't want to talk to me and apparently didn't want my business. Maybe they thought I'd just order online after talking to them. That wasn't my plan. But they were no help.

I called Redneck. The nearest warehouse is about 3 hours away. The guy couldn't have been more helpful in wanting to understand what I wanted to do, and help me pick an axle, springs and mounts that would work for what I wanted. He spent more time on the phone with me than I could have hoped for. Shipping was reasonable.

DeathSquid

I will check that place out but I don't have full spectrum of measurements for my axle. It's off site because it was going to be repaired but couldn't be...so I need known measurements to order a new one right now. It's an m416a1 which has a different axle than m416.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior