Info on vintage camper

lam396

Adventurer
There is a truck camper for sale near me and I can't find any information on it. It is called "Little King" and that is pretty much all the info the owner has on it. It seems to be a light weight "minimaist type camper but I'm not sure. It looks to be 7' and has a cab over section with fridge and stove built in.

Has anyone ever heard of a Little King?

lam396

Adventurer
I was able to get some more info from the current owner.The nameplate says McNamee Coach corp and it was made in 1971. the only info I can find on that brand is here, http://redneckexpress.blogspot.com/2009/10/kamp-king-koaches-classic-revisited.html. The model I'm looking at isn't nearly as cool as in the brochure but I'm wondering if it uses the same laminate foam construction. It's on craigslists and its a bit of a drive, so I'm not sure if I'm going to go look at it. He did mention that the ceiling panel would need to be replaced but didn't go into any other details.

brian90744

American Trekker
CEILING PANEL.

Sounds like a major roof leak, if the ceiling needs replacing, If you are up-to replacing the roof and ceiling=go for it, just FYI=brian

Weeds

Adventurer
As a previous owner of a couple of old campers, if the roof has leaked and is rotten, the walls probably are too. Check all the screws on the outside to see if they are rusted. There is supposed to be a sealant behind the screws. Good luck.

lam396

Adventurer
Yeah, it is probably a good deal price wise but I have to many other projects going on to start tearing into something like that. I decided to pass on it. thanks for the replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles