Post pictures of your Land Rover.

RETROFIT

Observer
Out for lunch ...

A friendly ride for lunch on the Jacques Cartier River bank ...

Attachments

• IMG_1131.jpg
    IMG_1131.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1132.jpg
    IMG_1132.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1134.jpg
    IMG_1134.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 173

Davidz

Okay i'll play

here's my offering to the hive,
97 D1, Tangiers Orange,
hugenot010108021vi-vi.jpg

camping228006-vi.jpg

lame shot of cargo area, i have steel/ mesh window protectors, and i fabed an alluminum table,

camping228003-vi.jpg

Last edited:

dcarr1971

Adventurer
Davidz, Love the Orange color...kinda wish I would have held out for something similar when I got my DII.

Did you fab the window protectors too?

BTW...we're not a hive, I prefer to think of this as more of a 'Collective'...good to see that you've been assimilated. LOL :victory:

achampagne

Explorer
Daviz,

I really dig your rig, the window protection is great and I would like to know more as well, and the rear area is perfect!

Last edited:

Davidz

assimilation complete,

i did not fab the window screens, saw them in a UK rover rag, a buddy of mine had a container coming in from over there, so i worked out a deal to get them. Its been a few years, would have to doublecheck on the MFG, havent seen them in the US, yet.

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
i did not fab the window screens, saw them in a UK rover rag, a buddy of mine had a container coming in from over there, so i worked out a deal to get them. Its been a few years, would have to doublecheck on the MFG, havent seen them in the US, yet.

Very nice truck!

-Sam

bobDog

Expedition Leader
here's my offering to the hive,
97 D1, Tangiers Orange,
hugenot010108021vi-vi.jpg

camping228006-vi.jpg

lame shot of cargo area, i have steel/ mesh window protectors, and i fabed an alluminum table,

camping228003-vi.jpg
I usually cut out photos when I reply but geee this is my favorite LR.......I love the looks and the workhorse ability. I just sold my highly modified XJ to my son....5th one I've had. this LR makes me want one.....tell me why I should have one and how hard are they to mod like yours? Cost is a concern as XJ's are easy and cheap. Damn I'm hooked on looks alone.... :wings: Why do I need a Land Rover?:sombrero:

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Compared to an XJ, LR's are hard and expensive. Just about everything about them is a fiasco. You don't need one unless you NEED one. ;)

franko

Observer

David you running 235/85 tires or?

Davidz

thanks guys!!! i appreciate it,
bobDog, you want one, forget the why. focus on the how.
i do all my own wrench turning, so i added and modified as a i went along. or as the checking account would allow, I honestly havent ever added up what it cost to get it to where its at now... its all been one part at a time, springs here, tires there, sliders, etc, i would say the most expensive part i have bought would be the RTE custom front Bumper ( rovertym engineering) custom all the way. but its rock solid, and was worth the $,$$$.$$. I did spend 18 years working and running a garage, and these D1's are a joy to work on compared to most. I bought it because it was easy to work on, i switched to steel wheels becuase i can pull an axle without removing a tire ( trail fix )
alot of things like that make the Discovery a good trail rig, ease of fix, access to parts, and they can be very reliable in the right hands. 95-99 D1's are special, and i would say IMO 99D1 is the best of them all, just newer with upgrades. same truck though.
i have a alot of mods to this truck, another guy told me i should do a build page, to explain what its allabout, hate to clog the Picture thread with ramblings.

Thanks again,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles