Post pictures of your Land Rover.

bovw

Explorer
Thanks, you are a Gentleman and a Scholar. I hve 2 in RTE now and found the same sort of thing front and back. I have the spring isolators on top of the spring in the rear, nothing up front, and it still sits a tad higher up there. Of course, I have an aluminum bumper and no winch on this one.

SMD

Adventurer
Thanks gents!

bovw said:
Thanks, you are a Gentleman and a Scholar. I hve 2 in RTE now and found the same sort of thing front and back. I have the spring isolators on top of the spring in the rear, nothing up front, and it still sits a tad higher up there. Of course, I have an aluminum bumper and no winch on this one.

Wow. I wonder just how much weight Rovertym expects people to put on the front? Seems the front springs are consistently taller (proportionally, that is). Perhaps the RTE bumpers are that much heavier than most other aftermarket bumpers?

bovw

Explorer
SMD said:
Thanks gents!

Wow. I wonder just how much weight Rovertym expects people to put on the front? Seems the front springs are consistently taller (proportionally, that is). Perhaps the RTE bumpers are that much heavier than most other aftermarket bumpers?
A buddy of mine is taking off a non winch ARB and putting on a RTE with brush guard in the next couple of weeks. I'll see if we can weigh both of the somehow, if so I'll post up the difference.

revor

Explorer
I think Steve is expecting some weight up front, which is really a benifit for Rovers as they are really rear heavy to begin with. On my Disco's I have 3" RTE springs, One has a SG bumper with a HS9500i winch and the other has an ARB non winch bumper with the same winch mounted. Initially both trucks sit about the same, a little tail high (1"ish) I put a TD5 in one of the trucks and now the front sits about 1/2" high on that one.
On my 110 I just replaced the OME MD front spings (2" lift) with some of Steves newest progressive springs and I'm at nearly 4" of lift. The truck has a Rockware Bumper on it (not light) and that's about it. It should settle down a bit once I get the winch on it and start adding weight to the truck.

gordo

Heres a few of my RRC or what's left of it. The wheeling photo is one from its last run as a true RRC, that's the wife driving! Do you think she is trying to kill it... The yard shot is of it after said run. There was so much mud in the rad, we took the hood off, and it still ran hot. Luckily there was a small boat ramp on the way back so a few of us could cool off on the way back to camp. The fishermen must have thought we were crazy headlight deep sitting there! Worked well though. The chassis and running gear are all underneath the series body now. I'll post some pics once it starts looking like a truck again, all in pieces now. Gordo

Last edited:

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
gordo said:
Heres a few of my RRC or what's left of it. The wheeling photo is one from its last run as a true RRC, that's the wife driving! Do you think she is trying to kill it... The yard shot is of it after said run. There was so much mud in the rad, we took the hood off, and it still ran hot. Luckily there was a small boat ramp on the way back so a few of us could cool off on the way back to camp. The fishermen must have thought we were crazy headlight deep sitting there! Worked well though. The chassis and running gear are all underneath the series body now. I'll post some pics once it starts looking like a truck again, all in pieces now. Gordo

Good stuff there Gordo!

Funrover

Expedition Leader
gordo said:

LOL It must be what happens when the better half gets the keys..LOL.. Whenever my better half gets the keys the rover finds deep mud!

overlander

Expedition Leader
revor said:
I think Steve is expecting some weight up front, which is really a benifit for Rovers as they are really rear heavy to begin with. On my Disco's I have 3" RTE springs, One has a SG bumper with a HS9500i winch and the other has an ARB non winch bumper with the same winch mounted. Initially both trucks sit about the same, a little tail high (1"ish) I put a TD5 in one of the trucks and now the front sits about 1/2" high on that one.
On my 110 I just replaced the OME MD front spings (2" lift) with some of Steves newest progressive springs and I'm at nearly 4" of lift. The truck has a Rockware Bumper on it (not light) and that's about it. It should settle down a bit once I get the winch on it and start adding weight to the truck.

How about some post install pics?

gage092879

Observer
here are a few
P1010124.jpg

22.jpg

P1010054.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles