Post pictures of your Land Rover.

greenmeanie

Adventurer
MuddyMudskipper said:
You have a nice little harem there Gregor. I especially like the FC. :Wow1:

Thanks gents,
The 101 is my toy and my passion. I used to use her for the camping trips but now I mainly use her for hauling my bikes up north for some downhill fun. Oh and intimidating the HOA.

The 88 is my original truck and is my DD and general run about. She is very little hassle and just keeps rumbling along with very little work required. She is also the taxi to take the pooch out on hikes etc. At low speed she loves to ride with her head poking out the window right behind my head.

THe 109 is going to be the family truck. After reading Jim's build thread I got inspired.

Well a man needs a truck for every occasion. My next buy will be much bigger, green, have more than 4 wheels and probably amphibious but I will need to speak to my wife about increasing the divorce limit first.

Cheers
Gregor

Yorker

Adventurer
greenmeanie said:
Well a man needs a truck for every occasion. My next buy will be much bigger, green, have more than 4 wheels and probably amphibious but I will need to speak to my wife about increasing the divorce limit first.

Cheers
Gregor

Time for a DUKW?:D I'm kind of looking for a CCKW right now myself...

Last edited:

greenmeanie

Adventurer
A DUKW would be nice but I'm REALLY a Stolly man myself. I think it must be that three Land Rovers over 30 years old just don't require enough maintenance for my tastes!

I don't know why but I've always had a soft spot for the Alvis Stalwart. The Rolls Royce straight 8 sounds amazing. At 4 mpg on a very good day it's not something I could afford to drive far though.

Now a CCKW - that would be a fun expedition truck. Are you just looking or are you getting serious? There's a nice short wheel base airportable in the valley here.

Is there a section on the forum for expedition conversions of the big stuff?

Cheers
Gregor

pokeyYJ

Observer
Well here is my little project
Just bought the white '88 and she is in need of a little TLC. The PO decided that a big stereo was more important than a good running vehicle. It actually has OME HD lift springs on it and Bilstien shocks which is a nice plus. I has been hit fairly hard at some point and repaired, I can see that the right side radius arm is tweaked and the frame has a slight dimple in it now, but I don't think its too serious and if I change my mind I will plate it and strengthen the whole thing. So far I am rebuilding a 3.9 to go in and swapping torque converters with a 91 classic to get a higher stall speed.

My goal is to have it built up like my old 89 (silver) pictured here in one of my finer moments. ;)

SinCityFJC

Adventurer
greenmeanie said:
Oh well as we're in the mood here is my fleet.

Here they are after my 109 arrived. My HOA love me.
attachment.php

This is my '71 88 out for some fun down in Tucson. She now has rather a lot of Rocky Mountain parts on her which have made her a bit more civilised.
attachment.php

This is the 109. I'm curerntly gutting all the PO modifications to get her down to a core vehicle. I'm also sealing the fuel tank with the POR15 kit. After that I'll be tearing the front end apart to get down to some modification and put new footwells in the bulkhead. There's a Chevy 292 for power and I'm looking at putting on a TBI set up.
attachment.php

Finally, this is my first love and my expedition vehicle before my son came along. I've rebuilt the engine for higher compression, added disc brakes to the front axle and am just finishing up a complete rewire.
attachment.php

and in the spirit of the forum here is us camping in northern arizona with my mutt.
attachment.php

Edit/ Right, I think I fixed the images

Cheers
Gregor

A very proper decorated front yard :bowdown:

I'm also looking for a D90 to do a diesel re-power on

Not a Landy but one reason I moved to a area w/o HOA or CCRs 67 M715

Reason 2 the 59 CJ-6

Reason 3 the 71 CJ-6

Alaska Mike

ExPo Moderator/Eye Candy
PokeyYJ- I'd like to hear the story behind that second picture. Please don't tell me it a "hold my beer" moment.

pokeyYJ

Observer
Alaska Mike said:
PokeyYJ- I'd like to hear the story behind that second picture. Please don't tell me it a "hold my beer" moment.

Haha, no! No alcohol gets opened while I am on the trail unless we have stopped for the night.

That was actually the first weekend I owned that Range Rover, I work at the Land Rover dealership in Centerville, Utah, and one of our techs here had built it up (some might know him here), I was really excited to take it down to Moab, being a fully built Range Rover and all... (big upgrade from my Wrangler with 31's and open diffs)

We decided to do Golden Spike trail, starting on Poison Spider side, and I decided to give Double Whammy a shot (ya know, since I had lockers front and rear now, haha) and broke a front axle shaft in the process. We continued on the trail, and when we got the The Wall on Gold Bar Rim, I could not for the life of me get up it, even with 3 wheel drive. So I hooked a strap to my dads Rubicon and as he was pulling me up my passenger rear tire kicked out a large log that was filling a hole at the base of The Wall. My tire fell in the hole and tipped me on my side (but if you ask me, my dad pulled me over.... haha)

So after a picture pose, and making sure everyone was safe, we righted the Classic (now nicknamed Lucky) cleared the cylinders of oil, picked my CD player up out of the dirt, cleaned my oil spill up, and motored on :D

Fun stuff :D

greenmeanie

Adventurer
SinCityFJC said:

Now I've always liked the 715s. It has that kind of pig ugly in a very purposeful way look like a 101. I'm trying to convince my wife to move somewhere cooler right now. I've had too many years in the desert heat. One selling point I'm working is that we should get a house with a separate barn/shed/??? to be my workshop. Then she wouldn't have to negotiate the oily pit of death each morning to reach her car.

Cheers
Gregor

SinCityFJC

Adventurer
greenmeanie said:
SinCityFJC said:

Now I've always liked the 715s. It has that kind of pig ugly in a very purposeful way look like a 101. I'm trying to convince my wife to move somewhere cooler right now. I've had too many years in the desert heat. One selling point I'm working is that we should get a house with a separate barn/shed/??? to be my workshop. Then she wouldn't have to negotiate the oily pit of death each morning to reach her car.

Cheers
Gregor

Hi Gregor

The house I bought after selling the one in Summerlin is 1/2 acre, 2 big driveways That fit 6 rigs each. Also tired of desert living. M715 Zone was a good resource & photo album link for my old M715 http://rides.webshots.com/album/94202768iuerQg

I do like the Defenders that Rover Hybrids builds www.roverhybrids.com/ would love a cummins powered D100

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles