Post pictures of your Land Rover.

GREENI

Adventurer
Hi, I'm REDrum and I'm a roverholic !!!

I'd like take one or two of those off your hands ! Enough spattering to do there to keep you busy for a while. Thanks for posting.

Defender

Here's mine

1998 Defender 130 - last of the 300TDi's (literally as it is a December build) It has been 3 years hard work for me. I purchased the vehicle in a neglected state from the previous owner.

There is a huge list of extras - but the big items are air lockers, upgraded front and rear axles plus CV's, 120l fuel, 110l water tanks, triple batteries (1 normal start and 2 deep cycle), 2" lifted springs with Bilstein shocks all round (double shocks on rear) plus heaps more. The 300TDi remains untouched (apart from repalcement of the usual water pump, alternator (100amp) timing belt, vacumm pump, expansion tank, hoses etc)
Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

• Defender - latest pic.jpg
    Defender - latest pic.jpg
    573.8 KB · Views: 28

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Here's mine

1998 Defender 130 - last of the 300TDi's (literally as it is a December build) It has been 3 years hard work for me. I purchased the vehicle in a neglected state from the previous owner.

There is a huge list of extras - but the big items are air lockers, upgraded front and rear axles plus CV's, 120l fuel, 110l water tanks, triple batteries (1 normal start and 2 deep cycle), 2" lifted springs with Bilstein shocks all round (double shocks on rear) plus heaps more. The 300TDi remains untouched (apart from repalcement of the usual water pump, alternator (100amp) timing belt, vacumm pump, expansion tank, hoses etc)
Cheers
Andrew

There are 300TDIs up until 2007 that I know of!

Redback

Adventurer
There are 300TDIs up until 2007 that I know of!

No, the 300Tdi was replaced with the 2.5l inline 5 cylinder TD5 in 1999 and remained in the Defender until 2006, in 2007 the TD5 was replaced with the 2.4l TDCi and then it was replaced with the 2.2l TDCi in 2011/12, the later engines are Ford motors 2.4l is from the Ford Transit van from the UK and the 2.2l is from the new 2012 2WD Ford Ranger and Mazda BT50 dualcab ute(pickup) the 4WD Ranger and Mazda has a re-developed inline 5 cylinder motor derived from the TD5 Land Rover engine that was in the Disco 2 and Defender.

Baz.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
No, the 300Tdi was replaced with the 2.5l inline 5 cylinder TD5 in 1999 and remained in the Defender until 2006, in 2007 the TD5 was replaced with the 2.4l TDCi and then it was replaced with the 2.2l TDCi in 2011/12, the later engines are Ford motors 2.4l is from the Ford Transit van from the UK and the 2.2l is from the new 2012 2WD Ford Ranger and Mazda BT50 dualcab ute(pickup) the 4WD Ranger and Mazda has a re-developed inline 5 cylinder motor derived from the TD5 Land Rover engine that was in the Disco 2 and Defender.

Baz.

Hey Baz,

In a way you are correct. Generally, the TD5 did replace the 300TDi in 98/99. The 300TDi WAS fitted up until at least 2007(I drove a 2007 300TDi Defender, not an engine swap, that's how it came from the factory) to contracted Defenders.

I realize the puma 2.4 TDCi engine replaced the TD5 in 07, and a few years later the 2.2TDCi was fitted. Of which we(Rovers North) had models of both the 2.4 and 2.2(we have the 2.2 right now).

But my point was, there were 300TDi engines being fitted in certain Defenders until at least 2007.

Redback

Adventurer
Hey Baz,

In a way you are correct. Generally, the TD5 did replace the 300TDi in 98/99. The 300TDi WAS fitted up until at least 2007(I drove a 2007 300TDi Defender, not an engine swap, that's how it came from the factory) to contracted Defenders.

I realize the puma 2.4 TDCi engine replaced the TD5 in 07, and a few years later the 2.2TDCi was fitted. Of which we(Rovers North) had models of both the 2.4 and 2.2(we have the 2.2 right now).

But my point was, there were 300TDi engines being fitted in certain Defenders until at least 2007.

Well there ya go, didn't know that, I think from memory I heard they continued to have 300tdi's in the military defender for the Australian Army, but only in the Perentie, no civilian Defenders in Australia had 300Tdi's after 98/99.

Thanks for the info, where were these Defenders sent to??

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Africa I believe, they were German NATO vehicles if I recall correctly. All I know is this one was in the US, and it was a blast.

Timo K

Observer
Rest Of the World spec Defenders did indeed have 300Tdi engines until 2006/2007. Normal production ended around '98, because the 300Tdi no longer met the new stricter Euro emission standards.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
^That's what a I meant.. haha thank you for clarifying.

Anyways, got the limb risers installed on my DII last night, as well as the +3" rear shocks and new RTE spacers. Also had the +2" stainless steel brake lines installed. All together a touch over 3" of lift.
26CpscW.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles