Post pictures of your Land Rover.

Finlayforprez

Observer
I'm in love!

Thanks, Mike! :) Hopefully getting the Tactical 4x4 sliders and gas tank skids installed this weekend........ While it's not just for the truck, I bought an Ark Portable Power battery pack (I am not quite ready for the permanent Traxide second battery install). Next up: rear bumper with tire and jerry can swing away and possibly an ARB front bumper.

A.J.M

Explorer
DSCN5871_zpsc6e5fd96.jpg

DSCN5820_zpsd24381a1.jpg

DSCN5882_zpse3b0472d.jpg

DSCN5768_zps8a04744d.jpg

Exploring some lovely and tricky lanes with my mates, they took Defender 300tdi 90 CSW's up, i went up in a touch more comfort... haha.
Out to prove that, anything they can do, i can do as well. :)
But they can't sit at 70 with the cruise on for the way home...

jerdog53

Explorer
DSCN5820_zpsd24381a1.jpg

Exploring some lovely and tricky lanes with my mates, they took Defender 300tdi 90 CSW's up, i went up in a touch more comfort... haha.

Nice!!

LR Max

Local Oaf
I was thinking the same thing. That strap works great until some kid undoes it.

From experience, when a tire/wheel egresses the vehicle, its a bad time.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I'd like to see some stupid kid undo it. Its so tight I can barely undo it. ha ha.

and no, it won't fall out, I jumped the rover with it on. I had to make sure it wasn't going anywhere. The strap and hardware is military grade. literally bought it at a military surplus store Saturday.

spikemd

Explorer
I'd like to see some stupid kid undo it. Its so tight I can barely undo it. ha ha.

and no, it won't fall out, I jumped the rover with it on. I had to make sure it wasn't going anywhere. The strap and hardware is military grade. literally bought it at a military surplus store Saturday.

Interesting take on a tire carrier. Why didn't you bolt it on? I just think that miles of washboards could rattle the tire free.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader

The modern rovers are incredibly capable. Its amazing that a car can have so much luxury and capability rolled into one package. I repeatedly get a hard time from my friends with "real" 4WDs, but at the end of the day I complete the same trail in five times the comfort and cruise home at 75 while they putter along at 60 tops.

A.J.M

Explorer
Agreed, which is why I make a point of following them in their defenders etc, there are only a few places I've not went purely as I don't want to badly destroy the paintwork etc on it.
It is remarkable how broad the range of abilities a modern Rover has, great towing ability, a true 7 seater, fantastic road manners, well equipped, with the mile munching ability you would expect.

Just wish my mates would understand that a large car costs more to run and maintain than a small city car.. Haha.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Simplicity.

It won't come out. I've seen this set-up on semi trucks and some military trucks. Its not just going to pop out.

Its easy to load the tire on there, I don't always have to have the tire and jerry cans on there either.

A bit different, but where I got the idea from.

Rob_m932a2_riverbed_01.jpg

Rob_m932a2_riverbed_03.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles