Post pictures of your Land Rover.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
kellymoe said:
1988 Land Rover Defender 130

3.5 carburated V8 with Edelbrock intake manifold and 4 barrel carb.

Hannibal Roofrack

Yaesu 7800 HAM radio

Fairey PTO winch

Soon to be installed Detroit rear locker, it's sitting on a shelf in the garage:)

Hightec retreads, laugh if you want but they rock and only cost me $65 a tire. Great rock tire.

I had a Hannibal Rooftop tent but it was just too much weight on top and a rooftop tent just didnt make sense to me in high winds that I run into in the Mojave. I usualy sleep in the back of the 130 if I am camping alone. Pitch a tent with the family.

It also has a great fold down table and awning. Terri Ann was responsible for helping make the table before I bought the truck:jumping:

That is SWEET!! Was that factory imported or on your own?

telwyn

Adventurer
OK, given I'm still a newbie, thought I'd go ahead and try to follow in Teri Ann's footsteps after her great photos.

Here's my 1982 Land Rover Lightweight... purchased it 3 years ago. Was in the British Army from 82 to 99, painted for 1990 Gulf War, but never left England. Has Old Man Emu shocks and steering dampener, front brakes converted to disc, added 2 jump seats to the back, polyplanar mp3 player and speakers and plan to add stainless exhaust system, seablock waterproof fuseblock, national luna split charger and many other ideas picked up on ExPo.

Also pictured is the m416 I acquired in December. Haven't done any modifications yet to the trailer, but intend to add a lid as many of you have and turn it into an expedition and kayaking trailer.

Last edited:

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
MoGas said:
That is SWEET!! Was that factory imported or on your own?

I bought it ffrom a guy in San Francisco who imported it several years ago. He has imported quite a few rovers.

overlander

Expedition Leader
telwyn said:
OK, given I'm still a newbie, thought I'd go ahead and try to follow in Teri Ann's footsteps after her great photos.

Here's my 1982 Land Rover Lightweight... purchased it 3 years ago. Was in the British Army from 82 to 99, painted for 1990 Gulf War, but never left England. Has Old Man Emu shocks and steering dampener, front brakers converted to disc, added 2 jump seats to the back, polyplanar mp3 player and speakers and plan to add stainless exhaust system, seablock waterproof fuseblock, national luna split charger and many other ideas picked up on ExPo.

Also pictured is the m416 I acquired in December. Haven't done any modifications yet to the trailer, but intend to add a lid as many of you have and turn it into an expedition and kayaking trailer.

Congratulations! You're off to a great start! That smile on your face looks just like my buddy's when he had just purchased his series III. Probably looks almost like mine when I picked up my 110.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
expeditionswest said:
My new toy :)

Ugh. I'm kicking myself for getting rid of my 98, and now you're going to trick out something else that I'm inevitably going to lust after. Well, at least I get to contribute to this thread. I could convert so easily.

70892984_be974ce073.jpg

James86004

Expedition Leader
TeriAnn probably has more pictures of ours than we do. Here is one taken the summer before last, somewhere in Arizona.

MUSBJIM

Observer
'91 Great Divide for "GO"; 250K miles and counting - still more fun than humans are allowed to have!

'03 HSE for "SHOW"; Mack Daddy town car for the wife!

Last edited:

Defender90

Observer
Blue Rover

Here is one of my 90's in the snow. It's a driveway shot, but you get the idea. The other shots are from this past summer.

Last edited:

Chucaro

Adventurer
This is my Discovery tdi300 with the home made "DoAll" trailer. The photo is from the day after we arrived from Melbourne (2500km south from home)
I am preparing the Disco for a more serious off road trips with a truetrac at the back and the axles with steroids from Keith.
Silicone turbo houses and tuneup the pump is in the list when I come back from Tasmania.
I am looking for the steel trashcans so I can make a bull bar air bag compatible.
Cheers from Oz
91584226.86X4LUYN.Discotrailer.jpg

PCRover

Adventurer
My LR3 on the trail at Gold Lake, CA.

Gary_Gold_Lake.JPG

Colorado at the 2007 National Rally.

LR3.JPG

The Defender before the Deer encounter...

P8163820.JPG

The defender being rebuilt.

Left%20Quarter.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles