Post pictures of your Land Rover.

corbinwalp

Observer
engine pics

5.0L....Ford? As in a 302? Interesting.

And you can't just tease us with that info then not show engine bay pics. That's just not right!

Larry Harrell (formerly Rover Automotive) did the build I believe, I bought the truck like this. But apparently the following was done:
- block completely disassembled and acid bathed
- offset ground crank and longer connecting rods for more displacement
- heads decked to 20 thousandths, full port and polish
- Crower cam

Its also got 4.75 GBR pegged diffs with arb air lockers...and a whole lot of other stuff, not done by me (saved me ~$30k on mods)

Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 9.09.10 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-04-22 at 9.09.00 PM.jpg

tommyd

Observer
Good week of work on the LR3. Installed the Cooper Discoverer AT3's on the 18" rims I found on Ebay (they feel very solid and are extremely quiet), mounted the Thule rack, replaced the broken driving light lens on the LR driving lights, built the plywood base in the rear to mount fridge slide and tie downs for camping boxes, had all the ECU's updated (Bluetooth now stays connected and I can make calls). Only the dual battery setup to install and I'm good to go for summer trips.

Any pics of the rear deck?

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
Hi all, just bought my first Land Rover (2005 TDV6 SE), below are some photos of it in its current state. More mods will follow as soon as my wallet will allow it :)

I wish I could get a diesel Discovery here. I think that would be just about the perfect vehicle.

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Here's a photo of the deck. Nothing fancy, just got longer bolts to hold the factory tie-downs in place and it's a simple base to bolt the fridge slide and cargo box (2 22" x 22" x 10" boxes that hold kitchen gear and food) tie-downs onto. I've got enough room at the back of the fridge to add a battery box to hold the second battery and the solar controls. With the lower tailgate up, I can reach pretty much everything. I considered building a sliding tray but it's really not necessary and all this can be pulled out quickly (4 bolts) if access to the spare wheel crank is required. Deck.jpg

disgoup

Thanks very much Kent, that is GREAT to hear. I am buying a D1 SG bumper from a coworker and was worried about fitment. No issues with steering damper location?

I should be able to snap a few pictures of the clearances from the passenger side this evening. I hope it looks as good on yours as it does on mine.

KENT

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
I should be able to snap a few pictures of the clearances from the passenger side this evening. I hope it looks as good on yours as it does on mine.

KENT

Thanks, I'm picking it up this Sunday. It looks great on yours so I'm hoping for the same!

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
1902990_10203564359330429_6409384716130601247_n_zps71a26f63.jpg

New tires on. I've had them on for a few days now. At first I wasn't sure about them, but they aren't bad at all. I think they will be fantastic once I get the new gears in.

EricTyrrell

Expo God
1902990_10203564359330429_6409384716130601247_n_zps71a26f63.jpg

New tires on. I've had them on for a few days now. At first I wasn't sure about them, but they aren't bad at all. I think they will be fantastic once I get the new gears in.

Off-roading a Rover in Hawaii is one of my dreams. You're a lucky guy. I was surprised by the great trail systems on Kauai, but the Malibu wasn't cutting it.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Looks good Erick!

Thanks Zack. Now that I have the tires on I can totally see what you were saying about the 255 over the 285. I'm just happy they don't rub, even if they are a bit on the heavy side. Once the gears get thrown in, it should be a pleasure to drive.

Off-roading a Rover in Hawaii is one of my dreams. You're a lucky guy. I was surprised by the great trail systems on Kauai, but the Malibu wasn't cutting it.

Thank you! Oahu has a handful of different places to offroad, but some of the other islands are pretty much all dirt roads so its great. Maui and Kauai are fantastic for wheeling. I'd be going to the other islands more often if they still had the super ferry to hop from island to island.

There is a lot of series guys here and that is my dream. I mean 2 sunroofs is pretty nice, but a convertible would be amazing here. Its no wonder Jeeps account for something like 55 percent of all new car sales here.

disgoup

Zack,

Here is the only place it fits too long. With the lift I have I haven't rubbed although it is the most likely place.

Clearance of the steering dampner to the supports of the skid plate frame

If you want more pics let me know I am happy to take more

KENT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94