Post pictures of your Land Rover.

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
Its actually not that cold. It warmed up to the upper 20's to snow...:jump:

Upper 20s? Here in Canada we'd consider that positively sweltering. Of course, it's the humidity that gets you.

It's best to ignore anything bobDog says about winter. He just doesn't "get" it. Here in southern Ontario I'm getting super depressed about "winter" as there's no snow at all right now where I am.

jmason

Upper 20s? Here in Canada we'd consider that positively sweltering. Of course, it's the humidity that gets you.

It's best to ignore anything bobDog says about winter. He just doesn't "get" it. Here in southern Ontario I'm getting super depressed about "winter" as there's no snow at all right now where I am.

I too am in southern Ontario. And I too feel the same way as you do!

Anyway, here are a couple shots of my rig (P38) as of recently. Just fabbed up the new bumpers.

They're finished for now, but I still have to add things to them, like a brush guard come the spring. However, they're done for now!

I was pressed for time today, so I just popped out a couple of quick pictures. I will hopefully try to get some better pictures down the line, but for now these will have to do. You'll have to excuse the dirt, I haven't had time to clean it for a bit.

Here you can see a front view of the bumper, similar to the shot I posted of when the bumper was just mocked up on the vehicle.
vG32l.jpg

I have yet to get a winch, but will do so at some point in the next little while. In the mean time, my baby's getting plenty of fresh air up front!

Here is a view from the side/underside of the front bumper. You can see how the skid plate comes down from the front, and bolts into the lower portion of the rad.
wkE4m.jpg

Here's another front angle of the ol' girl.
hRsFI.jpg

This is a shot of the back bumper. The bumper itself has a more secure mount for my CB, however I have to get a couple longer cables to hook that up. Additionally, the rear tire has a little red LED in the middle of the rim, that makes the center of the rim glow as a 3rd brake light when lit. It will also have to be wired in, along with my license plate light. Until then, they will remain unlit.
dWvfh.jpg

Here's a closeup of the clasp. Double latch, to add a bit of redundancy. It's very secure!
attachment.php

Another shot of the rear.
ZwBtU.jpg

Here you can see that brake light I was talking about.
attachment.php

This is a corner shot of the back bumper. You can see the hinge, as well as one of the jacking points on the bumper.
DGi8F.jpg

Here you can see the tire rack opened up. I wish I had put in a drop pin or something to stop it from swinging all the way out, but I'll get used to it soon enough.
jnj0b.jpg

A little side view:
BrpbB.jpg

And a nice semi-imposing shot of the all glorious Rangie!
GWXws.jpg

As I said, more things are to come. There are also diff guards, but they won't be finished until the spring, so those go on the back burner.

I hope you all enjoy. I will be getting myself a winch and some d-shackles soon enough, but until then I will just be mulling about. I bought myself some cleaner for the black surfaces, as well as a couple of those paint sticks from Atlantic British. Hopefully I get it looking like new again soon!

P38 bumper and light upgrades

Finally got the bumper on that I got from Nigels Car Place. Great used Rover parts very cheep and fast shipping. I also made my own upper mount brackets that Rover does not make. The front bumper is now mounted to the RR the way it should have been from LR. I also made a few light changes up front too. 80/100w headlights, 100w high beams, 100w driving lights and 100w real fog lights 600w total. The wife can now see at night while driving her RR.

Attachments

• IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    595.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1110.jpg
    IMG_1110.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1109.jpg
    IMG_1109.jpg
    538 KB · Views: 12

bobDog

Expedition Leader

LOL.Oh man how do you guys take it.....geeeez! so uncomfortable.......warm trails, green trees and grass, thats what I long for.....went down to 33 last night.......OMG! I hated it. tried to work on the Jeep in the barn but to cold .....had to come inside and load the wood stove. You guys need meds I tell ya!

psykokid

Explorer
Went out with a group of guys from SCLR this weekend and ran Nightmare Gulch and Last Chance Canyon in the El Paso mountains about 2 hours north of LA. Had a total of 12 rovers and a Jeep in the group. A good mix of trucks on the trail - four d1's, two d2's two D90's two LR3's one RRS and one Classic.

1111.jpg

1244.jpg

1250.jpg

1252.jpg

IMG_5938.jpg

IMG_5948.jpg

_DSC7157.jpg

IMG_6016.jpg

The only damage suffered on this trip was a bent track rod when Chris in his EX-MOD D90 got hung up on a rock the track rod got whacked when he was getting pulled backwards off of the rock. A hole in his rear bulkhead made a good spot to anchor the track rod and un-taco it so he could make it home. All in all a great time, camped out with a few of the trucks the night before and hung out in the cold near good bonfire. Good times were had by all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles