Post pictures of your Land Rover.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Now there's a nice selection of 110 defenders and even an ex-southern electric or gas 130.........sorry series trucks.......

Man your all making me jealous, I need to take a trip home and spend a week dismantling something and packing it in crates..........

well any way heres my tonka toy.....mild and not wild......
2000 D2

DSC_1252.jpg

MoabLandrover064.jpg

Do not let the wife drive in snow......and doubly check that she's not following snow mobile tracks...............................................in a area with no trees....
DSC_0009.jpg

TeriAnn

Explorer
Well Golly, I was going to pass on this tread since everyone has seen pictures of The Green Rover. But 2008 marks the thirtieth year I've owned my rig, so I'll do a time lapse photo set.

30Years.jpg

GRtopSide.JPEG

March 1978, She was a worn out broken down 109 pickup. I paid $350 and towed her home

GRgoats.JPEG

In 1980 I swapped the pickup top for a full top. She worked as a farm vehicle from 1978 through 1992. This picture is from around 1986. She was used to haul livestock, manure, fire wood and feed. She also served as my commute vehicle driving me the 45 miles to work & home over a mountain range 5 days a week.

GR_topless_1992.jpg

Most of those years she went topless during the summer months with the roof going back on just before the county fair in September.

In 1992 I sold all the livestock, my tractor and the gear. The Green Rover became a lady of leisure and I started using a little of the free time for camping

GR_mudrun_camp2.jpeg

Mud run camp ground about 1995 I set up my kitchen outside under a tarp (it was raining) and slept inside on the floor.

GR_preDormi.jpg

In 1996 I brought home a damaged Dormobile kit that was salvaged from a wrecked Dormobile. It took me a year to rebuild my trusty work Rover into a long range Land Rover Dormobile.

GRRedRock.jpg

I completed the rebuild at the end of August 1997 and immediately took The Green Rover out on a 3 month long camping trip to see how the conversion worked.

GRktichen1t.jpg

I put a great deal of effort into designing a comfortable interior that I could live in during any kind of weather.

GR_B2B4.jpeg

During the year from fall 1997 through fall 1998 I had a convergence of money and time (probably the only time in my life this will happen). During a 52 week period I was out camping on the trail for 20 of those weeks. I traveled from Jasper British Columbia to the Mexican border and from the Pacific to the Atlantic, making a complete tour around the Great Lakes, and spending a lot of time in the four corners area. It was about as nice a year as I have experienced. The Picture above was in Eastern Montana.

Since then I've traveled and camped in The Green Rover as I could afford it. The picture below is from my latest trip, 2007-2008 New Years on the Mojave Trail

Moj073Dormies.jpg

More trips coming

Last edited:

Chucaro

Adventurer
Very nice images and rigs, an inspiration for the lounge chair dreamers :jumping:
Keep posting
Cheers
Chucaro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles