2007 Dodge Cummins "Power Wagon" Camper

MT6bt

Rock hound
I've been scouring craigslist for a topper like what you have. The only high tops I've seen that are all shortbed. Argh! Nice build, though.

rube bonet

Adventurer
After the front suspension was sorted, it was time to start figuring out the back half of the truck. The rear springs would need tweaking, but no way of knowing what to do until we got some close figures for weight. With the camper off, I finished up the deck on the roof rack. The owner wanted it as flat as possible, with the strength for the loads it could see. I came up with 4 easily removed (or replaced) formed 1/8 aluminum panels. They could also be pulled and used in an emergency as a sand ladder type device. The versatrack rails set in the channels between, and end up flush with the top of the deck surface.

This is the skidplate that will also mount up the aux fuel tank where the spare tire used to reside. IIRC the tank ended up being approx 25 gallons.

This is the start of the interior bed bracing, which will also house mount some of the camper electricals.

EMS WJ 2000

Observer
I just read all 17 pages and all I can say is wow, rube bonet your fab skills are amazing :bowdown:. Your belly pan is something I want to do to my 2006 Mega cab, Why do I have to live in North Carolina lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94