F&S Eagle run kayak?

mustangwarrior

Adventurer
so i'm new to kayaking, but have decided i want a sit in yak inorder to have a longer paddling season, right now ********'s sporting goods has the Field and Stream Eagle run kayak on sale for $399 until saturday, i'm a hefty guy, 6'5", 300lbs, so the 500lb claimed capacity appeals to me, basically the ********'s website does not list the eagle run but they do have it in store and it is listed in this weeks ad, the reviews for the eagle talon Sit on yak are pretty good but you never know if you can always trust those reviews on there, it pretty much seems to be your typical off brand product made specifically for a chain store, so does anyone have any thoughts or experiences with it?

my plans for it are lake and gentle river paddling and fishing, also any thoughts on the future beach yaks at dicks? also gonna get one for my little bro

wjgc

I have the eagle talon sot and a future beach sot. I like them both. The future beach 120 is a very comfortable stable kayak. I don't think you would be disappointed with the eagle sit in, especially at that price point. I have heard that they can get a little brittle in extremely cold water.

kayakspirit

I'm also quite new to this but very interested to improve my fishing hobby with a kayak :p So, I'm in the market for one. But what interests me is, what are the differences between sit-in and sit-on kayak, fishing-wise? I mean, I know the general difference, but which type is better for long-hours fishing? It seems to me that a sit-in type is more suitable for fishing, but what do I know?! :D Are there any other differences, beside the obvious?

I had my eye on this little beauty http://www.tandemkayakreviews.com/perception-sport-swiftwater-13-5-ii-tandem-kayak-review/, and I would like to here some experienced and objective views about it.

BushHead

Adventurer
good reviews here http://www.paddling.net/

At $399 thats pretty cheap, try it out, see if you "into" it, then you can keep it or buy something else that better suits your needs. I use mine in the rivers so I always buy used because I'm going to beat the hell out of em anyway.

Just to add, lots of local paddle stores will have demo days where you can try out various boats if you'd rather go that route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles