ARB fridge wiring harness review

ebg18t

Adventurer
The kit includes 10 gauge wiring to run from the engine compartment to the rear of the vehicle. One end of the wiing harness has 2 per installed eye lets to attach to battery. About 6" from the positve lead end there is an in line 10 amp all weather fuse. At the fridge end there is a nice hella plug that installs quick any easy to a plastic panel. The kit includes wiring quick connects to make the install easy and painless.

large_2290_10900011.jpg

Things to note:

ARB indicated the battery end eyelets were 3/8" so they will work with the military type battery lugs. Unfortunately they were actually 1/4" so if you have a larger bolt on the lug you will need to cutoff the ARB installed ones.

The quick connect clips are kinda 1x use. They do not unclip and reclip very well.

The hella style outlet on the end was dead on arrival. I am trying to reach the vendor right now for a refund or replacement.

Overall it is a clean easy way to wire the fridge. But if I was to do it again I would make my own harness and save the $50.

Javelinadave

Adventurer
For $15 you can buy a spare cable with the ARB plug. Add your own wire, lugs and fuse and you have a way better, hardwired system. The Hella plug is just begging to get bumped loose and then all your food goes bad.

pods8

Explorer
Rarely has a wiring harness from any manufacturer been worth the money.

I gut off the stock plug and put in a set of anderson powerpoles, I can still reconnect the plug if needed but instead I plug into wiring right to the battery (with a 7.5amp inline fuse). Here's a shot from my old camper setup where I could connect right to a terminal strip near by. I'll be doing something similar on my build.

2011-10-01_14-36-00_137.jpg

ebg18t

Adventurer
Just annoying that the vendor doesn't even respond to my followup emails. Guess I won't be ordering anything larger from them.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Just annoying that the vendor doesn't even respond to my followup emails. Guess I won't be ordering anything larger from them.

... and I agree with you, I had problems with my hella connector after trouble shooting on the desert and I was out of food for the rest of my trip, I also have contact ARB and they said they would send another connector and after two months I am still waiting for a shipment, I have contact them to follow up and all they say is they will send in two weeks because ther are out on the field, after two months I think if they cared they would have done something about it.

It is not the money that I spend that upsets me, but the fact that they are treating me like a fool, just mention you will not honor the warranty and go on with life!

I guess next time I will double think about spending any of my money with ARB!

Wicked 2007

Observer
I used the ARB kit cause I got such a good deal on it I couldn't build it cheaper. I couldn't be happier. Been working great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior