National Luna controller not charging 2nd Battery in LR Disco 2

KellyM

Adventurer
I think you need to solve your charging issues first though before you get into the fridge efficiency issues as I suspect your aux battery is not getting fully charged. Since we're neighbors if you want to get together and see if we can figure it out, shoot me a pm.

Thanks. I sent you a PM.

dstock

Explorer
On update on my situation:

After replacing both the solenoid and the controller, charging has returned to normal, but we also haven't had the high ambient temps when the issue manifested itself, so frankly I am not convinced it is solved.

However, now I've noticed both my Diehard Platinums are resting at about 12.2-12.3 when I check them after sitting overnight. The batteries are 2 years old at the most and the alternator is charging at the 14.1-3 range.
I haven't changed anything electrical wise on the JK so I am not aware of any parasitic drain, and since it is happening to both batteries equally, I'm wondering if I need to explore Ultimizer option, or if the NL system just can't handle the demands of the Platinum/Odyssey batteries. Connections have all been double checked.

I'm wondering who else is running the NL system and Diehard Platinum/Odyssey batteries and having issues? I met with Kelly M and he is having the same issues I was originally having, even just after a 30-40 minute drive in our current ambient temps here in SoCal. He has different batteries (he'd have to chime in on the brand) but otherwise are setups are identical.

Possibly I have a couple bum Platinums, and it has nothing to do with the NL system, but I am questioning both at this point.

TheJosh

Explorer
I have two die hard platinums that are less than two years old with the nl dual battery system, if my truck sits for a week both batteries are completely drained. I've been dealing with this issue for a long time and I have no parasitic draw from any other accessories

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dstock

Explorer
I have two die hard platinums that are less than two years old with the nl dual battery system, if my truck sits for a week both batteries are completely drained. I've been dealing with this issue for a long time and I have no parasitic draw from any other accessories

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's not encouraging! Thanks for the info.

KellyM

Adventurer
I met with Kelly M and he is having the same issues I was originally having, even just after a 30-40 minute drive in our current ambient temps here in SoCal. He has different batteries (he'd have to chime in on the brand) but otherwise are setups are identical.

Possibly I have a couple bum Platinums, and it has nothing to do with the NL system, but I am questioning both at this point.

I have Deka AGM Deep cycle 34M batteries that are less than a year old. Mine are also dropping to 12.2-12.3 overnight, and continue to drop over several days. It is happening roughly equally to both batteries, although sometimes the starter battery is lower than the aux. battery. Very confounding and disappointing.

As dstock mentioned, my systems stops charging the aux. battery after about 30 minutes and I can not override to manually connect both.

dstock

Explorer
I have Deka AGM Deep cycle 34M batteries that are less than a year old. Mine are also dropping to 12.2-12.3 overnight, and continue to drop over several days. It is happening roughly equally to both batteries, although sometimes the starter battery is lower than the aux. battery. Very confounding and disappointing.

As dstock mentioned, my systems stops charging the aux. battery after about 30 minutes and I can not override to manually connect both.

I've started a new thread for my/yours and TheJosh's issues...

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/135771-National-Luna-Split-Charge-System-Charging-Issues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz