Please Help: What is this?

Ala5ka

VX'er
I have the opportunity to pick this up in two days. I don't quite know what it is. For $100 do I get it and build?

image.jpg

image.jpg

wingysataday

Adventurer
looks like a home built and it's worth easily $100. A little elbow grease and that could be a fine off road trailer. Curious to see the suspension setup.

wingysataday

Adventurer
also check to see how rusted it is. If there is not a ton of rust than it should be fine. Make sure you walk around in the bed of it to feel for weak spots.

Ala5ka

VX'er
I guess it's leaf springs, owner says its an old military rig but well see if it has and plates when we get there. Dimensions are 75" long 65" wide is that too large?

rockwood

Adventurer
I really want to say someone took a M416 and set to work making it wider and maybe longer in the process. The lip of the trailer and wheelarches are perhaps the only recognizable bits left if that is the case. But the axle isn't M416. So I'll go with home made inspired by a M416

highlandercj-7

Explorer
If it's got a good title it's worth twice that alone. It looks like it would be a good trailer or parts donor for a custom build.

Ala5ka

VX'er
I need to re title it as a home built, lights are shot but that's ok. Without title is it a good idea to take it home?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior