Post Pic's of your Jeep

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
In action down in Baja this last weekend:

5492_943756043254_9312322_59782913_3534129_n.jpg

5492_943758278774_9312322_59783058_4827404_n.jpg

CMARJEEP

Observer
Agreed....nice WJ! Good to see these around here! I read your post about your friend's slashed tire and your empty gas can...since you (or I) don't have a rear bumper with gas can mounts, my suggestion is to use the smaller 2.5 gallon cans over the large 5 gallon ones. Mount them to the rear of your rack and use a super siphon (thank you Expedition Exchange!) to fill your tank. They'll be much lower in profile and so very convenient!

BTW....I like your brush/grille guard. I need to get me one of those!

Cheers! :beer:
THanks.

I actually have a Trail Ready rear tire carrier bumper sitting in my garage. I'm just too lazy to put it on. :D I'm gonna have my buddy weld a mount or two on there for gas cans.

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
THanks.

I actually have a Trail Ready rear tire carrier bumper sitting in my garage. I'm just too lazy to put it on. :D I'm gonna have my buddy weld a mount or two on there for gas cans.

Yeah....I would love a bumper like that for mine! I also saw one around here that attaches into your trailer hitch...carries a spare for around $600...not sure about any jerry can holders for it though...

Dude....get your bumper put on. It's called a wrenching party and usually consists of a lot of pizza & beer! :victory:

gpndave

I think $600 a bit much for a tire carrier. :Wow1: Look at www.custom4x4fabrication.com For about $800 they have a WJ or XJ rear bumper, rear corner guards tire carrier combo that has tow points. In addition you can get their gas can carrier, high lift jack carrier and trail rack for it. I've have their set-up on my TJ for 8 years (100K miles) and no problems or complaints. Rattles drive me crazy and their set up doesn't...I want to be able to open and close the thing with one hand...I can with theirs. It has not even rusted!

I don't work for them or want to sound like an ad, but some of the prices I see on other products seem very high compared to C4X4 and I know their quality is first rate. In addition, I have looked at a lot of other set-ups at jamborees and other events. Some of the mounting designs on aftermarket parts are nothing more than bolted on where the factory parts were. Give me a break. If I am hanging a large spare, high lift, gas can, loaded trail rack and pulling out a buddy, I want some substancial mounting brackets.
Black Bear.JPG

Last edited:

flashooter

Observer
jeep1z.jpg

jeep2z.jpg

jeep3f.jpg

jeep4.jpg

First post here at Expo.. I have an 02 Wrangler sport. A few small mods including a 3.5 inch lift, viking softtop, Rubicon Moabs, modded stock front bumper and homebulit rear bumper with swingout. Future plans call for bigger tires (255/85s or 285/75s), a roofrack, and a homemade camping trailer with a RTT.

Last edited:

LakeErieYJ

Adventurer
94 YJ Wrangler, built to do just about anything, including daily drive. Its not scared of 1k mile road trips either, just took one this past weekend.

DSCI0026.jpg

Old picture, and rear setup:
breezemont3.jpg

New stuff:
DSCI0173.jpg

DSCI0174.jpg

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: All it needs is a lift !!!

:costumed-smiley-007:safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads