Anyone use their annex as the main sleeping area?

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
We have 5 sleepers in our family. 3 little ones and 2 big ones. My wife and I came from a Maggiolina "pre-kids" and are exploring family setups.

One idea we have is putting the 3 kids up in the RTT, (we don't prefer climbing the ladder, honestly) an then putting ourselves in the annex on cots or an airbed.

What say ye? Anyone use this technique? for trips with just my wife and I, or just me, we could totally hop into the tent with or without the annex...

Thanks for any input. We have a small camp trailer for gear, but the sleeping situation is a bit of a toughie to figure out.

this is exactly the setup I'm thinking of. Shorty awning over the rear doors for coverage while cooking and then the annex under the tent.

087.jpg

Last edited:

rangerdogg

Adventurer
I have the tepui autana and me and wife sleep up top and kids sleep in annex. Maybe when I get older it might change .lol Nice setup

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Getta "Airzone" tent-

SUNP0251.jpg

Different sizes and inflates in less than a minute, tarpit/stakeit--whatever

They come with a black canvas "duffel" bag and pack/compress easy, very small !

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
Here is my solution...

BIGdaddy,

I have wrestled with this issue for quite sometime, and I have cobbled a solution for the time being. My family's needs are such that I needed more space than the 3 person RTT provided. In addition, thanks to my father-in-law, my wife's definition of camping is driving up in a 35' Winnebago and plugging in - :(. Currently, I am using an OZTENT RV-5 with the deluxe side panels. I'm calling this the 'master suite'...The 'courtyard' provided by the deluxe side / front panel is where I keep my potty. The floor is lined with a sandproof mat. So far, it works pretty well. We just returned from our Memorial day trip, and my wife said that she had an 'awesome time'...so far so good.

Good luck!

Regards,

BWJ

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Thanx Kingg5, they're Bushwacker "pocket Flares" and comein various sizes-

sweet jeep fenders. what brand?

Believeit or not, they are 5 times stronger than the stock JK/JKU fenders, when they were new (2009), I had several "pine tree trauma" episodes with the right front fender and the only casualty was the jeep body, from the fender lateral pressure-

However they are expensive !

Good luck

kingg5

Adventurer
:sombrero: Thanx Kingg5, they're Bushwacker "pocket Flares" and comein various sizes-

Believeit or not, they are 5 times stronger than the stock JK/JKU fenders, when they were new (2009), I had several "pine tree trauma" episodes with the right front fender and the only casualty was the jeep body, from the fender lateral pressure-

However they are expensive !

Good luck

thanks a bunch ;) i get my rubi in sept and was never a fan of hte flat fenders!! sweeeeeeeeeeet

Scrib

Observer
That's exactly what I am planning to do - 3 kids upstairs, mom & dad in the annex. I just need to get over to CVT and take some measurements to make sure there is enough room around the ladder in the annex.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz