Change of address + new callsign?

alosix

Expedition Leader
I've been hunting around the FCC site to try and figure this out. I appear to have successfully changed my address, but I've moved far enough that I should have a new region digit (have a 6, need a 0).

Anyone know what that takes, or if it will be done from the address change?

Thanks
Jason
KJ6TLV (for now..)

alosix

Expedition Leader
Ah.. found my answers with a bit more googling.

1.) It seems its not required to change it anymore
2.) I want to change it anyway as to hide my 5 years of residence in CA :)...

Its in there under the license manager, on the right side of the screen away from everything else. Looking for 'New Systemic License'.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I think it's cool you're getting the correct regional call, I'm not the biggest fan of people getting vanity calls from other regions. It's, well, vain.

alosix

Expedition Leader
Well, it does come down to vanity.. Looking to get the callsign tags for the TJ here. Would rather people around here not think I'm from CA, but I did get my ticket while I was there :)..

Now to refresh the Jeep and get some wheeling/camping in this summer. its been too long.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I need to get plates with my call, too. You take in a copy of your license with you to the DMV, they are basically custom vanity plates, so you pay that fee, with a 'SCL' (Special Call License) on the side.

Expedition Leader
In Texas, Radio Operator plates with your call sign only cost $1.50, and you can have the same plates on as many vehicles as you want. :costumed-smiley-007

IMG_0868.jpg

Operatorplates004.jpg

alosix

Expedition Leader
That just hurts my brain to see 2 vehicles with the same tag on them :). I don't have anything else I can really do a 2nd one on another.. the 1967 M725 gets a collectors tag here, the BMW has no radio, and the rally car may get 'nachos' if its available..

Thanks,
Jason
to now be known as KD0VSR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94