2011 nissan frontier pro4x mild expedition build

Mo4130

Adventurer
You were the inspiration for making those mounts!!! and they have been amazing. The only thing that I really dont like about leaving my trax on all the time, is the potential of breakdown due to being in the sun all the time, but where I live, I am in the mountains all the time so it just makes sense to leave em up there, especially now that the truck isnt a daily driver anymore.

Last edited:

Mo4130

Adventurer
I'm glad I could be of help. For what it's worth before I lifted it and what not I would routinely get 20-21 on the highway. But I also drive 55 everywhere. When I take off the rack off I will float up to 18.5-19. I'm sure that might change when I go up to some 255s. If you have any questions shoot me a pm.

To hijack my own thread. Cooper stt maxx or bfg km2. Choices.

Mo4130

Adventurer
I like what you've done with the truck a lot. Are you still happy with the lift?

I'm still on the fence on if I really need to lift mine for what I do with it. Next on my list for my 2012 CC SV4x4 is to replace the oem 265/70/16's with a set of AT's in the 265/75/16 size that come on the Pro4X models, exact tire yet to be determined. I think the upgrade of better tires will get me mostly where I want to be, but the oem rear leafs leave a lot to be desired when carrying a load in the bed. I replaced the oem bump stops with the Timbrens which are a stop-gap fix at best.

I am more then happy with the lift. It made the truck drive better and increased the lost capacity, while only adding 1.5 inches of lift. So wear on drive train will be minimal. I am thinking of getting a half inch spacer to regain what I lost when I put on the bumper and winch.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
I am more then happy with the lift. It made the truck drive better and increased the lost capacity, while only adding 1.5 inches of lift. So wear on drive train will be minimal. I am thinking of getting a half inch spacer to regain what I lost when I put on the bumper and winch.

will you have to add UCA's for that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fortel

Adventurer

Good to know. I guess my biggest issue is how wimpy the stock leafs on the back are. I've got a Leer 100R cap on the back. Seems like it doesn't take much of any weight in the bed to have the rear end drooping. The Timbrens help as a stop-gap fix but the ride quality isn't very good with them. If I were to replace the rear leafs I might as well try to gain a little lift all around. Decisions, decisions. Anyway, congrats on such a nice truck.

Mo4130

Adventurer
Kiwi- I don't think so. I am doing a brake job right now so the suspension is fully dropped and there is still about 3/4 of an inch. So I think I should be good.

Fortel- yea I have a leer too and with the stock packs it was defiantly noticeable. I have been really happy withy Ome. Perfect combo between lift and ride comfort.

Mo4130

Adventurer
Do you have to get the Pro4x package? Or are the regular 4x4 versions just as good?

Honestly if you have any plans on modifying it later save the money buy then entry model and put he difference towards after market. Example is the suspension and tires. If you lift the truck your gonna get new stuff anyways. The only real item on the pro 4x that helps is the locker, but you can't just hit the switch you got to be in 4 low. The power train is the same through out all of them.

I had no intentions on doing anything to it, then I moved out to the pnw.

hovenator

Explorer
That's the info I was looking for. I will be moving to the mountains of western North Carolina within a year, so some mods will probably be needed. Thanks and great build of form and function!

Mo4130

Adventurer
Thanks!! If you have any questions shoot me a pm. When are you looking at getting a fronty?

Also the pro 4x adds:
Locker
Skid plates
Larger tires
Better suspension
Differnt gauge cluster
And then you have lux package. Heated seats sun roof heated mirrors and blue tooth

So like I said he first thing to go on any vehicle is the tires and suspension so it really doesn't matter that the pro4 comes with better ones because they still suck compared to even midline after market.
I opted for the lux package simply because I wanted creature comforts.

hovenator

Explorer
Looking to be in one by the end of the year. Just curious if it will be able to tow my 14' cargo trailer though. It weighs 4-4500 lbs. when loaded. I have to tow it a few days a week for work. No hills where I live, so just flat towing. Carmax has some really nice ones with low mileage I have been eyeballing. Would like one sooner than later.

Mo4130

Adventurer
Oh yea. It can tow up to 6500. I routine tow my 16 foot jay flight and that tops 3000 as well as a massive frontal wind area which is where your main resistance comes from. It tows it fine but definatly can feel it up hills. You will certainly notice a difference coming from a ram 1500.

Dmski

Adventurer
Great looking rig! Pretty much where I am aiming to go with my Xterra. Glad to see another NW guy! Where do you go riding for MTB over in Port Angeles area? I'm in Seattle but have been meaning to do a weekend offroad/MTB trip to the Olympics sometime soon.

Mo4130

Adventurer
I do some riding over on the olympic discovery trail sometimes and there are some trails up an old logging road. But it takes a solid 45 minutes to just hike up there. I live in port ludlow and do a lot of riding over in port gamble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz