Custom Camo Hannibal-Like Awning

Hafwit

Adventurer
DSC_0525b.jpgDSC_0529b.jpg
Due to a variety of reasons, I decided that none of the easily obtainable vehicle awnings were to my liking so I contacted my favorite fabricator. We put our heads together to come up with an aluminum-framed, roof rack-supported (pole-less) awning that could be quickly deployed and taken down, and it could be stored in a small enclosure when not in use. Since we were going with something custom, it seemed prudent to also go with camouflage fabric to make it unique. Since this is a one-off prototype, time will tell if other modifications are needed. We do plan at some point to make a swing-arm that will enable it to be repositioned from side to back without moving the vehicle.

Hafwit

Adventurer
The hub steps were one of the many modifications I had made by Andre Swanson of Fat Fabrications. He did the exo-cage as well as the awning too. Andre is well-known in the Pinzgauer/Unimog community for his work. To my knowledge, these are the only hub steps on a Volvo C303 probably since they horrify the Europeans. I believe that they cannot have anything protrude laterally beyond the rub rails in most if not all of the EU countries, thus these hub steps must look to them like the swords they used to put on the hubs of chariots to chop off the legs of too-slow folks they "pass by".

Cheers,
Greg

sixbennetts

Adventurer
I'm familiar with Andre's work over on Real4x4, top knotch. (I also like the mowing attachment you've added under the front axle. You must have a large and challenging lawn).

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier