FYI: Lite Cylinder Propane Tank RECALL

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
I got this on my email a couple of days ago....
I already email the manufacturer to see what exactly is the recall for.....

May 30, 2013

Attention: All Retailers, Distributors and Users of Composite Cylinders manufactured by The Lite Cylinder Company,

Subject: Emergency Recall Order

The US Department of Transportation has issued an “Emergency Recall Order” for all LPG composite cylinders manufactured by The Lite Cylinder Company as per the following Emergency Order No. 2013-002. The recall notice specifically identifies those cylinders manufactured under DOT-SP 14562 (and DOT-SP 13957 as authorized therein), DOT-SP 13105, any cylinder re-qualified under H706, and any cylinders manufactured under M5729.

Lite Cylinder Company has submitted a Petition for Review with DOT seeking to amend several portions of this Recall Order. It is unknown as to when or to what extent, if any, portions of this recall may be modified. Until such time, users of this product are directed to immediately cease use of the cylinders identified in the recall.

All cylinder sizes are involved in this recall: 10#, 20#, 25# and 33#

Please note that the directive states “Under no circumstances should a cylinder described in this emergency recall order be filled, refilled, or used for the transportation of hazardous materials.” The cylinder’s identifying markings may be found on the label affixed to the dome of the cylinder.

To effectively comply with this recall, cylinder owners must:
1. Take proper safeguards in identifying and handling the affected cylinders identified in this order.

2. Cease use of all specified cylinders until notified of DOT response to Petition for Review.

3. Arrange to have all propane gas removed from cylinder. This should only be done by qualified persons, trained in handling cylinders in accordance with Federal regulations. (Note: All propane dispensing agents should meet this criteria.) This person must discharge all gas, purge, and remove the valve per the recall.

4. Return the empty, purged, valve-less cylinders, to the manufacturer, freight prepaid, at:

The Lite Cylinder Company
139 Southeast Parkway Court
Franklin, TN 37064

Please note that Lite has petitioned to amend Recall Order to allow specified cylinders to be field destroyed. We will promptly advise if Order is so amended.

A copy of the Recall Order (3 pages) is attached for your reference.

While Lite is in sharp disagreement with the extraordinary and overwhelming harshness of this action, we will make every reasonable effort to comply. We clearly recognize there are associated financial implications as well as considerable inconvenience to our loyal and valued customers. Our team is currently trying to assess solutions to address these concerns and will communicate a response at the earliest possible date.

Honu

lost on the mainland
the more the better ;) I still say mods should make this notice a sticky for a bit since its important ! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier