Bundu Box Substitue?

overlander

Expedition Leader

My overland kit has a mix of boxes for different purposes. I have two of these party stackers as part of my kit. one is my sink, and the other is fridge overflow and/or for perishables not requiring refrigeration but must be kept cool and vulnerable to damage (eg fruits and vegetables). I have a small dedicated pelican for all my bread products (must be sealed and kept from damage). My 2 wolf boxes have my dining set in one (with Bundu's molding system) and the other for dry goods. I really need to get 2 more wolf boxes to complete my kit, so I have more dry food storage and the other for pots/pans/dutch ovens and my cooking utensil roll. I would consider that end state vision the perfect kit (sans a dedicated trailer galley).

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Unit cost for an order of 100 is about $37 U.S., shipping is extra for the lot and has to be arranged buy the buyer.

Here is the text of the email from the manufacturer, and the contact's email if anybody wants to pursue a group buy: Hester <hester@pioneerplastics.co.za>

"Thank you for your enquiry. Please find sketch attached.

You are welcome to buy from us but we do not get involved with shipping.

We do have overseas clients, but they organize their own shipping via shipping companies in South Africa.

The unit cost for 100 boxes will be R370-00 excl. VAT. And the Lead time is 2-3 weeks.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any additional information."

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy

DrSaabaru

looks promising. any firsthand experience?

Yep, I just got two from Amazon.

plano1.jpg plano2.jpg

I've never seen a Bundu box in person so I can't do a direct comparison, but these Plano boxes are strong enough to stand on and look like they'll last. The latches are okay but not great, pretty similar to Action Packers.

FRBlake

Front Runner Expert
Since you posted this the Front Runner wolf packs have come back in stock but the supply is dwindling quickly. They are only 40 but are not water tight. You could silicone the inside of the lid and the drain holes in the base and make them nearly full water tight with very little effort (as I have done with mine to use as a small portable cooler for beach trips as it looks really cool) I'm almost positive it should work out for what you need and if not it's still a great, stackable and sturdy storage solution. Let me know if you have any other questions as I will try my best to answer them as I can.

:ylsmoke:

Last edited:

coax

Adventurer
Thanks for the feedback everyone, I went ahead and ordered one of the frontrunner boxes. I'll be mostly carrying spare parts and whatnot so doesn't need to be 100% waterproof. Plus on further inspection I'm not sure how much space I'll really have where the spare tire was underneath, so I think one box will fit pretty easy.

cactusjk

Explorer
You can't go wrong with Frontrunner!

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I went ahead and ordered one of the frontrunner boxes. I'll be mostly carrying spare parts and whatnot so doesn't need to be 100% waterproof. Plus on further inspection I'm not sure how much space I'll really have where the spare tire was underneath, so I think one box will fit pretty easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior