Maxtrax vs TRED vs Tracmats vs X-Trax vs X-Jack

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Except, you know, that nobody has them in stock.

I have ordered MaxTrax twice, once from the old importer, once from the new importer. Both times, had them in my hands within a week.

"No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need"

zelatore

Explorer
I have Blue in stock :D

All other colors are on the water and 8-10 weeks out :eek:

I checked your site but must not have clicked through all color options as I saw a big 'n/a' when looking. My bad I suppose.

<edit>
Sorry, not your site after all. I was looking at Sierra Expeditions I believe. I probably wouldn't normally have clicked a yota-specific link so maybe that's how I missed you.

SnoViking

Adventurer
Well the snows are starting in the Sierras so it's time to replace my dead Traction Jacks with a better solution. I was all set to go with MaxTrax based on using a friend's set last year but the new Tred Pro looks promising. I still haven't seen anybody report on them though - are they better than the original (which seems a poor second to MaxTrax)? With the current exchange rate it looks like the Tred Pros are a bit cheaper than the Maxtrax, but not by a large margin.

So how did your Traction Jacks "die"? Crack?

I'm researching them now and am looking for feedback.

batmn77

Observer
Says they are made out of polyethylene; MaxxTrax are made out of glass filled Nylon, a much stronger material.
That doesn't mean polyethylene is unsuitable, but I'd probably pass until the reviews come in.

cool! thanks for the feedback. think i may give them a shot. i'll post up pics/reviews if i do.

batmn77

Observer
Alright, so i got them in rather quickly. Ordered was fulfilled by Amazon which makes things smooth. Havent got to test them yet, but initial impressions are high. They are very heavy-duty and very durable. The carry case is a nice bonus so I can throw them in my wife's trunk if something ever arises where I need to take them. I'll post a full review once i get out and put them to the test. Overall I really like them so far!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4678.jpg
    IMG_4678.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4679.jpg
    IMG_4679.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 47

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Biggest thing imo is how they handle a little spinning on them. Do they melt like butter. Honestly even a floor mat will work for traction aids. Guess I'm looking for something that are not 1 time use if some idiot does a burn out on them. Probably best I get aluminum recovery boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Probably best I get aluminum recovery boards.
I dunno about that. I have aluminum sand mats and MaxTrax, and the ones that are ALWAYS on the truck are the MaxTrax. They seem to work pretty well in desert conditions.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I dunno about that. I have aluminum sand mats and MaxTrax, and the ones that are ALWAYS on the truck are the MaxTrax. They seem to work pretty well in desert conditions.

I haven't been able to feel and see a maxtrax in person. I have a cracked smittybilt one from some ford idiot roasting his tires on them when stuck in the sand. It was s long time ago and I didn't know spinning your tires would kill them. It's still in working condition and thinking of drilling it the nubs and replacing them with nuts and bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

batmn77

Observer
Finally was able to use the X-Traction recovery boards a few days ago. Helped some 2wd SUV get unstuck at the beach. They worked flawlessly! I used the underside as a shovel, and then wedged them under the tires. Mad at myself for not getting pictures. :mad: oh well, needless to say for nearly a fraction of the price compared to other brands, I am very happy!

I see they have 2 different styles for those that are interested

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZQ4CZC?th=1

&

https://www.amazon.com/X-TRACTION-R...rd_wg=Ba5VS&psc=1&refRID=C0MZT3EW3ACVTNSYWSMR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles