Maxtrax vs TRED vs Tracmats vs X-Trax vs X-Jack

hokiruu

Any updates on the Maxsa? I already have a winch and Auburn rear LSD, and want at least a pair of traction surfaces, and am willing to shell out for some good onces like Maxtrax, but at $600 for 4, that's also 60% the way toward a front air locker as well. Obviously I want as many options and advantages as possible but on;y spending $600 if it is truly worth it.

Any updates on the Maxsa? I already have a winch and Auburn rear LSD, and want at least a pair of traction surfaces, and am willing to shell out for some good onces like Maxtrax, but at $600 for 4, that's also 60% the way toward a front air locker as well. Obviously I want as many options and advantages as possible but on;y spending $600 if it is truly worth it.

We used the MAXSA boards for 4-5 recoveries on one trip and they did a great job. Still in good working condition. We've even had the flex out to an "L" shape and spring right back. The biggest problem with them is that they dont next..so no bridging capabilities.

hokiruu

We used the MAXSA boards for 4-5 recoveries on one trip and they did a great job. Still in good working condition. We've even had the flex out to an "L" shape and spring right back. The biggest problem with them is that they dont next..so no bridging capabilities.

That's great info. Thanks!

myko

Reviving this thread. Any one else have any feedback on the Treds? Im leaning towards them since they seem to be the only company that makes them in a smaller size which i can use to fit perfectly inside my roof basket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cactusjk

Explorer
That is why I went with TREDS. At some point I will upgrade to the Pro version that should also fit.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
That is why I went with TREDS. At some point I will upgrade to the Pro version that should also fit.

I picked up the TRED Pros from the kickstarter campaign for them. Have yet to try them out but their approach of using a different material for the studs made a lot of sense to me.

MEOPS9Ih.png

jsek29

Observer
Personally I've had too many failures with flexible or articulated sand mats to rely on them, but I have no experience with the X-Trax.

Jonathan, can you expound on the failures of articulated sand mats? I can see why a flexible mat, such as carpet scraps, would fail, but am curious about your experience with rigid articulated options. Thanks

zelatore

Explorer
Well the snows are starting in the Sierras so it's time to replace my dead Traction Jacks with a better solution. I was all set to go with MaxTrax based on using a friend's set last year but the new Tred Pro looks promising. I still haven't seen anybody report on them though - are they better than the original (which seems a poor second to MaxTrax)? With the current exchange rate it looks like the Tred Pros are a bit cheaper than the Maxtrax, but not by a large margin.

So - anybody actually using these yet? As noted, my primary use will be trying to float a 7000+ lbs LR3 on deep snow.

laufer

Looks like another brand just showed up. Couldn't find any other info other than whats on amazon.com.

They throw in a shovel and a couple of emergency blankets.

https://www.amazon.com/LS2-Tire-Tra...srs=14944105011&ie=UTF8&qid=1477517239&sr=8-1

Hmm...the use of non-offroad crossover vehicles such as Yeti (with low-profile tyres) and CRV in the marketing materials makes me very skeptical. The shovel also looks very light-duty. This kit doesn't look like such good value at this price.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
FOLDABLE ALUMINIUM HANDLE ERGONOMIC SPADE
And they don't even know the difference between a shovel and a spade. Not a good sign.

I swallowed hard and bought MaxTrax for my main truck. Worked so well that I bought a pair for my other truck. No reason to use anything else unless reports come in that the new stuff is equal or better.

zelatore

Explorer
And they don't even know the difference between a shovel and a spade. Not a good sign.

I swallowed hard and bought MaxTrax for my main truck. Worked so well that I bought a pair for my other truck. No reason to use anything else unless reports come in that the new stuff is equal or better.

Except, you know, that nobody has them in stock. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier