IMG_4907_zpsd3f0119a.jpg

IMG_1519-e1415083778273.jpg

IMG_1520-e1415083996441.jpg

IMG_1494-e1415086549592.jpg

images

maxresdefault.jpg

cactusjk

Explorer
Thanks! Just tying to figure out if I can use Four Treks rings to mount the mounts into my ARB rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vegas_Nick

Adventurer
Did they buy the company or just buy all their products in the U.S.A.? Is TJM pulling out of the U.S.?

Mike, TJM USA was bought by Summit Racing. All of us that were TJM dealers are still afforded our dealer pricing so you will see TJM sellers. What you may see is that the pricing between Summit and TJM dealers is the pricing being very close. Summit has an edge on most of us with their $9.99 flat rate shipping.

I just used my treds for the first time to get a heavy diesel out of the sand. They worked very well, but for really rough use I would get the maxtrax.

Vegas_Nick

Adventurer
When the TREDs break just get another pair under warranty!

TRED , unless someone else is importing them to the US is pretty much going to die off. I was a huge supporter of the product and we sold a ton of them. With TJM being absorbed by Summit, they dried up from that source,. We have since switched to Maxtrax exclusively.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Real world experience, as of yesterday. Rolling down a soft dirt two-track at under 5mph, the right front wheel of my Dodge 2500 fell into a hole. Truck was resting on the front axle and skid plate, with the wheel and tire hanging in mid-air, about three feet above anything solid. Locked up both diffs and tried to back out, just dug three holes in the dirt. No good way to lift the front with a Hi-Lift, so I got out the ARB X-Jack (carried for years but never used for real). Plan was to raise the wheel high enough to bridge the hole with my MaxTrax, and then just back out. Got the X-Jack under a skid plate and started pumping it up with my OBA. X-Jack raised the truck about 6", then blew a seam and dropped the truck back into the hole with a bang. So, rather than call for assistance, I dug out behind the rear tires and wedged two of my MaxTrax under the rear tires and backed out slowly in low range with the diff locked. Thirty seconds of throttle modulation and I was out. Bought the MaxTrax for this kind of situation and they have now paid for themselves. I am a believer.

Now I have to call ARB and ask about this blown seam problem. Same issue came up in user feedback on Amazon, so not an unknown failure mode.

Mo4130

Adventurer
Coming from using both maxtrax and treds. Don't even waste your time thinking about treds. Buy once cry once.

Also for what it's worth it takes about 3 months to get your replacement treds in the mail. Definitely not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior