7 pin with 8 wires

I bought an Adventure Trailer Horizon and need to convert my LX450 from 4 pin to 7 pin. I thought it would be fairly easy but I'm stuck as the plug that I bought from etrailer has 8 wires, not 7.

It has the 4 pin connection which is obvious as it hooks right into my existing 4 pin. There is then a white wire which goes to the body for ground. There is then a blue wire which goes to the brake controller.

Then there is a black and a yellow. One of those has to be the 12V for the battery on the Horizon. Which one is it? Black or Yellow? And what is the 8th wire for?

TIA!

Thanks. Why would I need an additional power lead? Either way. If I hook up the black and it doesn't charge the battery then I can swap over to the yellow. One of the two should be hooked up.

So, the ground is not considered part of the 7 pin then right?

Aspen Trails Trailers

Supporting Sponsor
You have something different than a standard 7pin connector, as it allows you to connect directly to the pre wired 4 wire plug, as I read it. Add on type deal. 4 wire and 7 wire use different colors for the turn lights normally. Some on here have been looking for a 12 way connection for additional power. I have no reason why. More chance of shorts.

You will need to connect to the battery, with a fuse in line most likely.

Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz