8x8 HEMTT Expedition Vehicle w/Garage

BestofBoth

Location -Snowmass, CO

After 17,000 miles of adventure the past 3 years we have decided to offer for sale our 8x8 toyhauler. Baja proven the past couple months down the sea of cortez side to the east cape of san jose del cabo and then back up the pacific side. Not one issue. Very reliable and backed up with a full supply of parts. Time to focus on a new business venture.

1983 Oshkosh M978 HEMTT converted with 2009 Roadmaster Toyhauler
27,100 miles
8v92ta super charged turbo 2 stroke Detroit diesel
Allison automatic
Back 4 wheels for highway use with air toggle for 8x8 and air toggle for lockers on all 4 axles
78k lbs gvwr - as it sits loaded is about 50k lbs-
Mostly air and mechanical systems
24 v reduced to 12 volt for camper
2 piece HEMTT combat wheels with 70 percent tread on 16 r20 michellin xzl with extra wheel/ tire spare as well as extra tire to put on any rim
10 extra original split rims with mounted Michelin xl tires
900 lb spitzlift crane- brand new
double aluminum racks bolted through with rubber flex mounts
fuel preheater/water separator
block heater
brand new extra battery to replace either of the 2 12v wired to 24v
new alternator
new front left seals/ bearing
20,000 lb winch off of pto

Top speed 65 mph at 22,000 rpm
450 hp
fords 4 feet of water
can traverse a 5 foot trench
4mpg on paved roads with 3mpg offroad terrain

Registered as motorhome in Montana with life time registration for $218

LIVING QUARTERS/GARAGE
25 FEET LONG BY 10" WIDE- 7 FT CEILINGS
Queen bed suspended over front of garage
slide out with full size pullout
full kitchen- microwave, 3 burner propane stove, large fridge/freezer 110 or gas, lots of storage
dry bath with seperate shower
propane furnace plus 110 heater
flat screen tv with antenna booster, 6 speaker stereo with cd
gear garage- tie downs etc - have had long track sled, 2 dirt bikes and 2 mountain bikes loaded at same time
back 7 ft door/ramp with 7 foot extention ramp to make a 14 foot ramp to lower gear from the 6 ft vertical floor level
2 cylinder generac generator w/computer and separate battery
100 watt solar with controller
2 new deepcycle interstates charged by truck alternator(24 to 12 volt reduction) as well as solar, or generator
both 110 and 12 v heater pads on 40 gal water tank as well as 20 gal grey and black tanks, fully insulated holding tank compartment

Thousands or dollars in spare wheels, tires, full new replacement, belts, hoses, gauges relays, seals, battery etc

Excellent condition- Priced to sell $189,000 garret.bestofboth@gmail.com 10 photos attached and more later

Attachments

• photo (13).JPG
    photo (13).JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 44,549
  • photo (16).JPG
    photo (16).JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 19,984
  • photo (10).JPG
    photo (10).JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 15,998
  • photo (22).JPG
    photo (22).JPG
    94 KB · Views: 7,237
  • photo (20).JPG
    photo (20).JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 12,519
  • photo (19).JPG
    photo (19).JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 6,402
  • photo (17).JPG
    photo (17).JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 16,683
  • photo (14).JPG
    photo (14).JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 7,408
  • photo (25).JPG
    photo (25).JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 6,105
  • photo (26).JPG
    photo (26).JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 5,831
Last edited:

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
How much does a HEMTT go for? I didn't think there were many in civilian hands.

BestofBoth

Thanks for those- those were old pics before I changed the rack system, paint, wheels, tires and finished the conversion. I edited the original post to include the remainder of the info and pics. Somehow my computer posted before I was done! Sorry!

pugslyyy

Thanks for those- those were old pics before I changed the rack system, paint, wheels, tires and finished the conversion. I edited the original post to include the remainder of the info and pics. Somehow my computer posted before I was done! Sorry!

Amazing vehicle, that will be a fun toy for someone for sure!

hankgs

Adventurer
LOL! I guess I am the lowest form of "camper", as I just use a 3 man tent... I think this takes camping up a notch or so.

resqd1

Adventurer
too bad it only seats two and the cab isnt connected with the home portion like an rv would be. THis thing is freaking sweet though. CAMP ANYWHERE huh

very true you just dont see that everyday, it looks like a SICK rig, if i become a millionaire in the next month, i'll be getting a call. goodluck with the sale.

pugslyyy

very true you just dont see that everyday, it looks like a SICK rig, if i become a millionaire in the next month, i'll be getting a call. goodluck with the sale.

I agree. If my lottery ticket investments pay off before this truck is sold, I'm definitely going to buy it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online