Look for a tent tall enough for a cot, for one person

PlacidWaters

Adventurer
I'm looking for a good-quality tent to use with one cot that's 15” high (that's twice the height of many cots). It should probably be a 3-person tent, or possibly a small 4-person. I prefer fairly straight sides with a lot of head room, rather than a dome tent or other design that slopes in at the top, restricting the headroom. Not interested in a cot tent. Here are some desirable specs:

55”-60” tall
Weighs less than 10 lbs
Full-coverage fly
Good quality fly and floor (minimum 2000 mm rating)
Lots of mesh for hot, humid climate

This is very difficult to find. 3Ps are not tall enough, and 4Ps are too big for just one person.

The closest I can find is the Mountain Hardwear Corners 3, to give you an idea of what I'm looking for. http://www.mountainhardwear.com/Corners™-3/OU9488,default,pd.html It's biggest flaw is very difficult entry due to the low door.

I've searched high and low for this for two years. Thanks very much for your ideas.

6x6pinz

Adventurer
one of my overland biker friends uses a TeePee style tent. It gives him plenty of room to stand up and room for a couple of cots. He can roll it up small enough to fit in the saddle bags on his bike. I will see if he is in town or out and about and get the info on the tent. The one he has requires him to put four stakes in the ground and then stand a center pole, goes up and down very quickly and has kept him nice and dry on his adventures. Something to think about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles