Nevada Trophy 2013 Oct 18-20

Chief

The Nevada Trophy NVTR 2013 is here. Scheduled for October 18-20. Once again it will be run in the Northern Nevada Desert east of Reno NV.
Please contact the event organizer if you want to get involved, they are looking for event volunteers as well as participants.

chaos616

Adventurer
I would like to participate as well, have been thinking of sending money in, just need someone else for a team!

xjaugie

Adventurer
Ok, looks like a blast. Need to think out it, it's a long drive from Maryland. But maybe, just maybe.

chaos616

Adventurer
Vegas Nick, you should enter anyway. Last year sounded like it was a bust due to lack of entree's, so if its going to happen this year we need more people. I have two possibly interested to team up with me this year, if both want to do it, maybe we will have three.

Xjaugie, that is a long way, i see there is a vermont rally that is held in your part of the country, I would love to go to that, I am going to plan for 2014. its so hard to make rallies across the country, with the time you need to take off and such, even local rallies can be hard to attend.

Monterorider

Adventurer
We got to make this happen. It's not Baja. You don't need trophy truck. You don't need support vehicle. It's about fun. Dates have changed but it can still happen if YOU enter.

NEVADA TROPHY 2013
NOV 15-17
www.offroadexperience.com

Up- Date
Sept 26, 2013

Hi All! It's time for another Nevada Trophy up-date… NOV 15-17 is the chosen date!

As of today, Sept 26th, we have SIX envelopes with entries... We need SIX more!

We have not begun laying out the NVTR2013 course. Why? Lack of entries so far, we hope this will happen very soon.

The start location will be kept secret as in the years past. Northern NV is all we'll say for now.

If we start at a local establishment in Reno then the idea is to hold Tech/Reg at their store on the Thursday, Friday we'll START from their place, where we'll have the Trophy Course and local TV & press coverage! Then proceed to course via route books.

We have some fabulous new areas we in last Oct… this is some awesome country! But to do this we need entrants. We have a few new volunteer aka workers this year to help set-up and to man special tasks. With your help and enthusiasm we can make this the best NVTR since 2001.

Bottom line is: We do this for YOU! Unlike what some think, this isn't a money maker- more like a money loser! Why do we do it? For the love of the sport, Nevada Trophy!

Pre-Entries submitted/paid NO LATER than Oct 12th. This is will allow us to begin course layout in Oct…. Clock is ticking. Michael Green

NEVADA TROPHY is a GPS Navigational Rally Raid Adventure!
Are you up for an Adventure?
Then NVTR is the event you can't miss in 2013.
A little bit Camel Trophy… A little bit Geocaching…

Monterorider

Adventurer
DSC00623.JPG

701_7912.JPG

701_7933.JPG

7I1_3461.jpg

Monterorider

Adventurer
So long. I've seen that coming unfortunately
I would say Good Morning, but it's not... Good that is.
Bottom line is there will be NO Nevada Trophy...

JG and I just talked about it, how's, why's, etc's... It just can't happen.

1) The entries have NOT come it. As of today it's still 6, and one of those has pulled out.
2) The entry fee is and has been kept at the old rate, which with today's fuel cost is not enough.
3) We have NO crew to layout the course at this moment, and JG and I surely can not do it in time.

It seems what with high gas prices, the Fed's mucking up the works, life changes for others, etc...
NVTR is no longer a priority... and trying to get new people in isn't working. Even I don't have the time to PR the event as it should be. Our base of workers has dwindled away as well... and those that said they'd help this year are not committing now.

Then we have costs, our #1 is the liability insurance cost, followed by set up costs of fuel, materials, hotels, wear/tear on vehicle's, etc.

It's been a great run over the years, we've all enjoyed Nevada Trophy, but it seems as though it's come to the end of the line. With that I'd like to thank all those of you who participated over the years and those workers who helped make NVTR what it was... sadly the key word now is "was"

Michael Green
John Gulliford
Just curious If you were interested in entering but didin't what stopped you?

chal3oye

You don't need trophy truck. You don't need support vehicle. It's about fun. Dates have changed but it can still happen if YOU enter

chapel

I have done this event a few times. It's a blast. The trails aren't too difficult but you do need a decent rig, and the special tasks are fun to do. I would recommend it.
Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier