PULL

haven

Expedition Leader
"Smoother than a pintle hitch, safer than a ball hitch"

"Best off-road hitch in the world"

Pretty strong claims. Anyone have experience with the Lock n Roll?

highdesertranger

Adventurer
I looked and looked on the web site. what are the weight specs on these? that seems kinda important for pulling a trailer on public highways but they don't state anywhere I could find. any info? highdesertranger

grandpa

11,000 lbs.
From their web site: https://locknroll.com/company/press-room/

The Lock N' Roll Trailer Hitch can be used on boat trailers, construction trailers, utility trailers, off-road trailers, signage trailers, coil trailers, air compressor trailers, cement mixer trailers, landscaping trailers, horse trailers, and camper trailers. The Lock N' Roll Trailer Hitch is rated at 11000 pounds gross trailer weight. The heavy-duty 1100 pounds of tongue weight rating is impressive. What is more impressive is how Lock N' Roll's positive locking mechanism will keep trailers attached to the tow vehicle when negative tongue weight occurs.

cwadej

just a guy
Lots of discussion about these in the trailer forums.

I have one and have no complaints. It seems the older style that bolted onto your existing reciver hitch (insted of a ball) was prone to failures in sudden stops. The hitch would remain intact, but would be destroyed.

The Style I have goes into my reviever. Zero issures with it, much much much better than a ball, and cheaper than some other options, such as MaxCoupler, which seems to be the favorite.

SaltCreek

I work at Great Lakes Forge, maker of the Lock N Roll. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. The old style of Lock N Roll did have an issue for some people when backing the trailer up at awkward angles, but that is not an issue with the new design. The new hitch is a much better product, all-around. I let the person in charge of the website know that you had trouble finding the trailer and tongue weight limits on the site. The weight limits should be easier to find, so thanks for pointing that out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz