My lifted Canyon Thread

beags86

Adventurer
Hello, just wanted to make a quick thread about what will be our light off roader/camping/adventure truck.
Right now we use this when we go hiking, ATVing, kayaking, camping, general expo truck. This thread will prob. be slow much like my jumping jack trailer thread. Bought this girl used about a yr and a half ago with 58,xxx miles. Wanted to make sure we didn't have a lemon on our hands. Just rolled 70,xxx this weekend. Seems like we have a winner so let the mods begin!
image.jpg

Will posting a little more info on the few mods I have a bit later.
( yes those are chrome wheels, this truck is only a mild build)

Last edited:

beags86

Adventurer
6-8-13. Leaving w/jumping jack and kayaks for the weekend. Off to Grand lake, CO for the weekend. camp and kayak on saturday. Then a little wheeling and soak in hot surfer springs spa on Sunday. What great start to my little lifted warrior!image.jpg

beags86

Adventurer
Specs to date:
Rancho 4 lift
Rancho rs5000
Moto metal 17's
******** cepek FC II 33/12.50/17
Bedliner
Softtopper
Weathertech floormats
Billet grill ( gotta have some bling!)
Led taillight bar under tailgate ( more bling baby!)

So nothing crazy to date. Will be getting some rock sliders and a full size spare on some sort of rack.
Also I Will be building a rack for the back above the soft topper. Kayaks and a rtt someday.
I need to address the flares/ or lack there of at this point.
On board air is going to be a possibility.

While I will spare the other things I have some things going in my head but this will give everyone an idea how this is going to go. Light but functional build. Basically I am looking at a good all around camping/mt truck.

Last edited:

onelow1ton

Adventurer
Sweet looking rig ! You should checkout 355nation great place for Colorado/ canyon info and a good source for used parts like some flares

beags86

Adventurer
Sweet looking rig ! You should checkout 355nation great place for Colorado/ canyon info and a good source for used parts like some flares

Thanks! You have a heck of a rig yourself, I have been lurking on your build thread for quite a while. While I doubt mine will ever get that built (have a full size getting a solid axle) I certainly tip my hat to your build!

beags86

Adventurer
*Build update*
This update will be a little more to the likening of most expo'ers on here.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Lets see, I'll try to keep this short,
Curt front receiver, with some shackles on each side. (Welded up by me)
custom made light bar (Welded up by me) with four KC slim lights two driving, two fog
Some eBay fender flares, painted to match.
Cvt Mt Shasta RTT.
Spare tire fold down rack - receiver mounted. (Welded up by me) from old Thule bike rack I had laying around. Trasheroo.
RTT rack mounts 4 gallons of rotopax fuel, hi lift, shovel, ax. (Welded up by me)
G80- rear locker
Finally I got some of the new fun country's from Cepek since the FC-II's I had we're a bit wide. Went Down to the 11.50 width.
What is not pictured is the 11.5 Superwinch that can got to front and back via receiver mounts. Led light on roller fairlead,
And a truck fridge Indel B 51 hard wired to the bed.(both in garage at pic time for security reasons)

Enough room in the back for the camp kitchen. Two big action packers, four small action packers, fridge, chairs, shower, tools, recovery gear, and 7 gallons of water. Cab is open for wife and dogs, maps and RTT bedding.

Last edited:

Anthony24x

Observer
33" tires look huge on canyons! Fender flares look real nice, how would you review them? Truck looks like the perfect weekend getaway/ fishing rig!

beags86

Adventurer
33" tires look huge on canyons! Fender flares look real nice, how would you review them? Truck looks like the perfect weekend getaway/ fishing rig!

Fender flares are crap, spent countless hours fitting them to look that good. before paint, and after paint. Unfortunately for me and other canyon/colorado owners is there is basically no aftermarket fot these trucks. The stock Z71 flares are not even made anymore. So i made these cheapies work the best I could. And I will say the pocket style is growing on me, plus it doesn't look like everyone elses z71 out there.

Thanks, I hope this is going to be the weekend warror rig I had hoped for.

Last edited:

beags86

Adventurer
Winch pics

Threw the winch on for a few pics in the rain.
The led is wired to the winch. So the light comes on when the winch is powered. Winch has a 400 amp blue sea systems switch under the hood. And only switches on when needed.
image.jpg

Here's a pic from the side. You an see I added a D ring on the bottom of the winch mount. This D ring will get a turnbuckle tightened up to the shackle on the receiver. On each side. This will triangulate the receiver and (hopefully) keep the receiver/mount from bending during a side/angled pull. I have not tried this as I don't want to bend my stuff. I have winched with the setup before and it wasn't a problem but it was also snow with less resistance.
image.jpg

Duramax3388

Is this a V8 or I5? How does it do loaded down with all your stuff? How does it do towing? Thanks I found a few of these that I like in my price range and I'm thinking hard about picking one up. Nice truck by the way.

beags86

Adventurer
This is a I5, it does ok loaded down and ok towing. But in the mts of colorado, I wish it had the V8...Its no powerhouse. Been a good truck so far. Updates coming in the next few weeks....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles