Is your refrigerator running?

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
First I'm not sure this is the right place for this. I have had an ARB refrigerator for about 4 year but have always been able to store it at home when not out on the trail. We have moved into a new home that is smaller and I'll need to store it in the Jeep now. So do you guys who keep yours in the truck all the time keep them running all the time or just when in use.

thanks

Nate

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
First I'm not sure this is the right place for this. I have had an ARB refrigerator for about 4 year but have always been able to store it at home when not out on the trail. We have moved into a new home that is smaller and I'll need to store it in the Jeep now. So do you guys who keep yours in the truck all the time keep them running all the time or just when in use.

thanks

Nate

Mine stays running all the time, either plugged in to AC or DC. If you don't have a float charger for your Jeep you might want to plug it into AC if you won't be driving the truck for a couple of days.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: My ENGEL, hasn't been shut off for almost 6 years-

Just likea Timex--keeps righton tickin !

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

BIGGUY

Adventurer
I keep my Engel running all the time except for about 2-3 months in the middle of winter when things will freeze whether it's running or off.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
The ARB that lives my my FJC, which is my daily driver, is on all the time.

The Engle that lives in the AT Horizon is off until we're getting ready to use it. I usually turn it on a few days before a trip to allow plenty of time to chill down.

soul

Observer
I also keep it running in the car, hooked up to AC when parked. It has a dual battery setup, so worry about charge only if the car is not used or connected with AC.
Will probably top up aux battery once a month or so.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
My ARB is always on, always has beer in it...
It lives in the trailer though.

LOL, my engel contains my emergency backups in case I forget to restock the main fridge in the house. You know how on a motorcycle you have the main tank and then a small reserve tank? Same concept. :)

CaliMobber

Adventurer
I also tend to raid the beers in my car fridge when the house fridge goes empty haha.

My fridge runs 24/7 but I have a 30w solar and turn temp up to 50 when Im not driving, then back down to 38 before I go somewhere. Since i dont drive to work batteries tend to drop below 12v after a day or 2. Im thinking about bumping up the solar. If you drive for like 20min every day you should not have any worries about batteries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne