Manley Trailers ?

Honu

lost on the mainland
OK read what I could on them ?
http://manleyorv.com./trailers/morv-original.html

any feedback from those that own them or folks that have seen them :)

looking for a light utility trailer to haul some extra gear and some kayaks

I know the owner dude is on this forum :) going to call him up with some questions
Is the suspension the same on all models incl import ?
Can you add the aluminum roof later or on the import ?
thanks in adv :)

Last edited:

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader

Attachments

• FB.jpg
    FB.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 553
  • FJ.jpg
    FJ.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 551
  • imagesCAAE9T08.jpg
    imagesCAAE9T08.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 548

Lacy Hershey

Adventurer
I've spoke with the owner about getting one of these trailers. Very nice guy. Manley gives you a ton of options. The lid can be added later and you can also chose several different setups depending on your budget. But I have to say, he sent me a link to some pics of their soft cover and it is sharp! Would be a great alternative to the solid lid til funds are ready.

Honu

lost on the mainland
thanks all keep em coming ;)

Mark thanks :) big thing wanted Toyota wheels on it :)

Lacey thanks that was one thought if I could get the soft at first and add the hard later if I decided I want it :) someways a soft with upper bars for kayaks could be nice that way if things dont quite fit we can just tarp it over :)

rockwood :) I did read every thread I could find why I said I read all I could on them I am a guy who uses the search :) try contributing rather than tell me to search :)

my old trailer :) loved it but we wanted to get away from the taller RTT setup with kids and dog
now I think I want a small light one to hold more gear :)
we were going to buy a LC100 and fix it up for more room but decided a new small trailer would be OK
even though I kinda dont want to tow a trailer maybe a super light one wont be so bad ? compared to the conqueror which was kinda heavy with the FJ at times

conqueror_fj.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
Read that article before and saw the blue room thread also :)

A couple others on jeep forum when searching to :)

Good thing heard no negatives yet :) people are quick to complain when things go south :)

ManleyORV

Rugged. Reliable. Ready.
I know the owner dude is on this forum :) going to call him up with some questions
Is the suspension the same on all models incl import ?
Can you add the aluminum roof later or on the import ?
thanks in adv :)

"Owner dude" here :ylsmoke: ... slightly delayed due to being at the Bantam Jeep Festival.

Yes, the suspension is the same on all of our trailer models as well as the Economy and Elite versions. It's a Dexter leaf-spring suspension.

Yes, you can add the aluminum lid to our trailers at a later day. One caveat, it does take some fitting and special tools (12" drill bit, countersink bit, etc.), so if your handy, it shouldn't be a problem. But if not, then that would be the one item I'd say to let us install. Especially considering the shipping cost to send it out after the fact.

Hope that helps and if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. I appreciate all the kind words everyone.

-Josh

Honu

lost on the mainland
HEY thanks for the reply here figured you were busy with the Festival :)

did all the mods on my truck with help of friends so guess I am handy enough and if not we have build parties :)

ManleyORV

Rugged. Reliable. Ready.
HEY thanks for the reply here figured you were busy with the Festival :)

did all the mods on my truck with help of friends so guess I am handy enough and if not we have build parties :)

Yeah, sounds like you'd be fine then. I just wanted to throw that out there as to not cause any unforeseen frustration down the line. This winter we plan on creating full installation manuals for the customers that buy our accessories after the fact and that should take any mystery out of it.

Take care,
Josh

Honu

lost on the mainland
I will be calling you when we figure things out Josh :)

one question for the oz trail tents what size tire combo can you have not to go over that 43 inches or whatever it needs ?

I really am curious also about the new low RTT setups from oztrail !
we loved our conqueror
easy to get into with the tent deployed !!! and the huge circus tent that went over everything ! the layout was very good with multiple doors
downside heavy compared to say yours :)
and the tent height ?
wife really did not like the ladder but also our little boy is a jumper and if our dog can not see us she screams all night :) and cant have everyone up top

the oztrail seems perfect at 43 inches our dog can see us from the floor and so can the kids and it gives us the same annex attached feel we loved about our conqueror ?

ManleyORV

Rugged. Reliable. Ready.
I will be calling you when we figure things out Josh :)

one question for the oz trail tents what size tire combo can you have not to go over that 43 inches or whatever it needs ?

I really am curious also about the new low RTT setups from oztrail !
we loved our conqueror
easy to get into with the tent deployed !!! and the huge circus tent that went over everything ! the layout was very good with multiple doors
downside heavy compared to say yours :)
and the tent height ?
wife really did not like the ladder but also our little boy is a jumper and if our dog can not see us she screams all night :) and cant have everyone up top

the oztrail seems perfect at 43 inches our dog can see us from the floor and so can the kids and it gives us the same annex attached feel we loved about our conqueror ?

You can run up to a 33" tire and the OZtrail tent is still functional. We had the OZtrail and a regular Tepui RTT at the show this past weekend and the OZtrail stole the show. Everyone like the "coolness" factor of the aluminum lid, rack and Tepui, but in the end the families there definitely like the practicality of the OZtrail.

-Josh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94