'02 Dodge Ram Cummins

Afdfiremedic

Thought it was about time I checked in with my domestic brethren. Up until last month, I had spent most of my time on the portal in the Toyota section. I sold my first gen 4runner, it was just a little too small for my wife and our two dogs. So with that, I decided it was time to spend some more money and time on my '02 Cummins quad cab long bed. This will be a family expo/camp rig. Here are the rigs basic stats:

199,000 miles
Rebuilt tranny(upgraded)
Leveling kit
Turbo back 4 inch exhaust
S&B intake
S&B elbow
FASS lift pump
Edge Juice Programer
35 Toyo mud terrains

I'm looking for suggestions to where to proceed from here. I'm thinking a topper of some kind(canopy or soft top), winch bumper, winch, upgrade the front end, suspension, etc. Any and all suggestions appreciated. Here she is

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371149891.799817.jpg

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
What part of the Williamette? We hit Champoeg regularly, and almost bought a house in Sheridan.

my1stcummins

Adventurer
In the NW I'd run a hard canopy for sure. One can be had for cheap on craigslist or from a salvage yard and they make camping or storing things muuuuch nicer when everything is dry. I recently added Yakima racks to mine, and then used longer carriage bolts on the brackets so that I could add uni-strut inside for tie-down points as well as creating a base for my LED strip lights that I have on a rheostat switch. To add some privacy, I went to Lowe's and picked up some foiled/insulated bubble wrap(24"x 25') and made curtains which are held up by Velcro.

image.jpg
image2.jpg

Afdfiremedic

In the NW I'd run a hard canopy for sure. One can be had for cheap on craigslist or from a salvage yard and they make camping or storing things muuuuch nicer when everything is dry. I recently added Yakima racks to mine, and then used longer carriage bolts on the brackets so that I could add uni-strut inside for tie-down points as well as creating a base for my LED strip lights that I have on a rheostat switch. To add some privacy, I went to Lowe's and picked up some foiled/insulated bubble wrap(24"x 25') and made curtains which are held up by Velcro.

View attachment 167096
View attachment 167097

That looks like a nice setup, I've been keeping my eyes peeled on CL. Are you using the Yakima rack for storage or are you going to mount a roof top tent?

my1stcummins

Adventurer
I am using the Yakima rack for Kayaks and Bikes. I considered going RTT and in that case I would have used a lumber rack/contractor rack for the extra load capacity. I ditched that idea and just use my canopy as my tent. Its just me and the GF right now so the space is fine and I can fit a full mattress in there no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles