Ideas on this trailer?

Skwerly

Observer
I was sent over here by the good folks at ramchargercentral.com--what a neat community! After poking my head around here a bit, I think I'll stick around. :)

I have had this thing for a few years, now, and I’m going to hopefully be working on redoing it this summer. It tows awesome and has a lot of little neat tricks.

The problem is, I don’t have a clue what it is, and neither do any of my car buds. All I know is that it *looks* like it could be an old truck bed, and there is either a Ford 9” or an old, old Chrysler rear end underneath it--something that will probably get changed out for a lighter trailer axle.

It also has stake bed type sides, which makes me think maybe it was a dedicated trailer, but I really have no clue. Anyone with a welder can modify stuff like this pretty easily. :D

Anyhow, here it is; if anyone recognizes anything about it, I’d sure appreciate the info!

100_3031.jpg

100_3037.jpg

100_3034.jpg

100_3033.jpg

Lacy Hershey

Adventurer
Maybe a Willys or Kasier truck bed? But if it was either of those, the tailgate should have been stamped with the Willy's W or Jeep. Don't know.

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
Guessing a Ford differential cuz of the center drop out? Really diggin' the "shackles" too... :costumed-smiley-007
What's the track width compared to your XJ?

Skwerly

Observer
yea, that's what i thought, but someone at the RC forum said it might be old chryco from the 30s or 40s.

not sure on the track width, actually... real durn close, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz