Another FG build

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Trying not to hijack BUT have seen figures of 120k out of hankook z59s with FG 637 weighing 4 ton doing 2hr round trip to Adelaide. I don't want to be seen dissing singles they are one of the best capability enhancing mods you can do to these trucks and I know guys on here run them as their daily driver wheels. I'm just not there yet, some times I like to close my eyes and pretend I have singles.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
So Ferg... do you have any recent photos of your truck?
I imagine that it is skinned and usable now. Is that correct?

ferg69

Hi Owen, yes its skinned but no usable as yet. How are you going with yours when we spoke last you were doing mods to the truck & then building the camper, from memory you were using fibreglass, you must be a fair way down the track now or even finished. Id luv to see some pics as i dont think i have seen any on here but may be wrong.
Regards Fergcamper interior lining.JPG

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
How are you going with yours
I am as slow, if not slower than you Ferg...
My wife was diagnosed with cancer at the end of 2011, which put a stop to pretty much everything I was doing, including the truck. She is on the mend now and I am back working on my build again.
My hope is that I will have everything below the floor level completed in the next month or so. At the moment I am waiting on some stainless steel tanks to be fabricated (2 water and 1 diesel reserve). I have drawn up the black and grey water tanks, but have not sent the plans away for a quote as yet. Other than that there is a bit of gas plumbing to do, but not much else.
When the above is done I will be converting my workshop from a metal shop to a composite shop, so I can start the daunting task of building the moulds for my camper. Much more fun to be had yet... :)

I have not posted a build thread here on Expo as my website covers pretty much everything I have done.
When I start the fibreglass work I may start a thread specific to that, but I have not decided as yet.

ferg69

Great news to here your wife is on the mend. Can wait to see your build in progress, the composite body is intriguing me.
Regards Ferg

Turtle59

Intrepid Wanderer
I would like to know what are the dimensions of your build.

I have an FG 649 dual cab and am thinking about how big I can go on the standard chassis as I have 3 billy lids to accommodate, oh and a bride.

Warm Regards
Turtle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles