Another FG build

ferg69

Hi all, Ferg here, My first crack at this stuff so be patient. I have just joined a week or so ago & have been watching the fg builds(great job alan,selfy etc) Alan I luv the colour youve got great taste.
Im slowly building a camper on a fg637 4x4 dualcab (very slowly)& have enjoyed the disscusions on mounting systems & wheels which i still have to get. Wish i had found this forum before i started,it would have helped a great deal. Im now going to try & upload some images.canter chassis twist.JPGstart of box.JPGbox frame.JPGfront & rear mounts.JPGtruck & cab twist.JPG

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Welcome to the forum. Looks like a great start. Congrats.

Alan I luv the colour youve got great taste.

oh no!! Not another Pensioner Beige truck coming up. You really want Desert Tan. Haha

Regards John

Last edited:

alan

Explorer
Hi Ferg! welcome to the forum, another man with great taste in colors, don't listen to the others their just jealous! I see your in South Australia all we need now is someone in NT and we have the place covered for stopovers!:smiley_drive:

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Happy to see that you have finally joined Expo Ferg. Welcome aboard.
How has your build been going? From memory, you were going to wrap your camper in ali sheet and do the inside with Nema board.

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Hi ferg good to see another crow eater on here. We do a little bit of exploring over your way, border track and such (not in the truck yet) . How many Berth will the camper be?

ferg69

Hi Skyfreak, you have a great memory, i can remember emailing you a year or so ago & yes its wrapped in ali & lined in nema board, worked very well. I will upload some more photos soon.
Hi Tonkatuff, Its five berth if the three kids sleep together other wise its four. When i started the truck i had 4 kids that would come with us now theres only 2.

Cheers

ferg69

Hi all, found some more photos of early stage. I will try & get some of the sleeping arrangement for you soon Tonkatuff, I think i read some where you were getting supper singles have you got them yet & if so what did you get, Im after good sand wheels & tyres also.

Regards Fergstart of bathroom.JPGstart of kitchen.JPGstove front on.JPG

selfy

Observer
looks good Ferg, any chance of a side on photo of the camper on the truck
what toilet did you use ? we are at that stage (bathroom) and there are too many to choose from

cheers Selfy

ferg69

Fair call Tonkatuff, Apparently 1 rim & tyre will buy you a new washing machine or a fridge or a kenwood mixer 2 will buy you a new lounge.

Heres some side shots selfy

Regards Fergframe on track (side).JPGframe on truck (side 2).JPGframe on truck (side 3).JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94