Awning and side walls, compatibility amongst brands?

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Looking at getting an awning, and would like to eventually get side walls to use as enclosed space as needed.

ARB awnings offer mosquito net walls, but I would like solid walls. If I bought an ARB, would say, the Iron Man solid walls work on it?

I know, I know, I should just buy the brand that has what I need, but I am looking for used or local, but am mostly just curious since the design of most of the inexpensive awnings appears to be very similar.

Thanks,

Jeff

trailscape

Explorer
Anything more on this idea? I'd like my awning to be more multipurpose in the colder weather and some walls would be greatly useful. I have the 6.5' ARB and have been considering talking to a local canvas shop about making some modular walls.

Richietherocket

Adventurer
Anything more on this idea? I'd like my awning to be more multipurpose in the colder weather and some walls would be greatly useful. I have the 6.5' ARB and have been considering talking to a local canvas shop about making some modular walls.

I would be interested in this also. I know the Ironman walls are more expensive than the awning. Have you found a place here in town yet?

Thanks

trailscape

Explorer
I would be interested in this also. I know the Ironman walls are more expensive than the awning. Have you found a place here in town yet?

Thanks

If the FrontRunner walls work they might be the best bet for around $200. It looks like most places are out of stock though. I might also just get some canvas drop cloth and make my own walls. They don't need to be perfect, I really just want to block the biting wind when trying to cook some dinner. I keep meaning to contact Paul's Custom Canvas in Denver to see what they can make. A custom made one with some clear windows might be really cool.

60Dan

Explorer
I would like to know too

I have a camping lab awning. Would like the walls but they are not in business anymore.

Anyone using different walls with the camping lab?

mike r

Adventurer
998709_535547123159359_8911962_n.jpg

the cvt one is enclosed on 4 walls and has a removable floor

trailscape

Explorer
Awning walls on my 6.5' ARB awning. These are from Compact Camping Concepts. Looks to be a good fit.

There are three walls and no floor which is what I wanted for ventilation and simplicity. It would be nice if there were a couple more loops along the bottom edges of each side for stakes, but the test will be really staking it down to see if it'll work well as a planned cooking/wind shelter.

IMG_20140130_122445.jpg IMG_20140130_122649.jpg

I think this would work awesome if I could find a way to mount it over the tailgate.

Beach Cruiser

Bumping this up again. I have an Ironman awning and looking at my options. CVT won't fit. I live in Denver so I'd like to know what Paul's came back with. Thanks!

I realize its somewhat redneck, but if you're on a budget like me, I might just pick up a green tarp and wrap it around and either tie it up or use spring clamps.

trailscape

Explorer
Bumping this up again. I have an Ironman awning and looking at my options. CVT won't fit. I live in Denver so I'd like to know what Paul's came back with. Thanks!

I never got around to checking with Paul's Canvas as the walls I ordered from Compact Camping Concepts have worked great. Unfortunately, it looks like they don't carry them anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne