Exploring the West...A Summer of Adventure and Insights...

p nut

butter
Nice. I've done some hiking down that way, but not a lot of camping or driving around. Looks beautiful.

mph

Expedition Leader
A walk with through a Utah slot canyon...

The day dawned and the sun warmed us quickly. We were excited to get into the slot canyon! It provided a cool escape from the desert heat. Clear water, high walls...a hiker's dream in early August. The temperatures were actually quite enjoyable but with the water flowing; an added bonus!

great basin-north rim 2 094.jpg

Louise and Lilly dropping into the slot...

great basin-north rim 2 083.jpg

Lilly enjoying the first water feature!

great basin-north rim 2 136.jpg

The slot continued...following the light...

great basin-north rim 2 129.jpg

Louise and Lilly enjoying the day...

great basin-north rim 2 111.jpg

Flood debris was 20 feet higher on the wall. Today, however, was a stroll in the park.

great basin-north rim 2 148.jpg

Lilly exiting the slot...

great basin-north rim 2 156.jpg

We were off...Bryce in the distance...The hike got us excited for the desert this fall! A month from now, the place will be busier...Today, a casual drive on the backside of Bryce.

great basin-north rim 2 158.jpg

The north was calling...Homeward bound...

great basin-north rim 2 159.jpg

We topped off the tank and rallied back to Park City. The trip was filled with many great experiences. The weather was perfect. And the adventures did not disappoint!

Last edited:

mph

Expedition Leader
Summer is Over...Fall on the way!

Well, I got out in the high country this past weekend. My wife had a "girl's" weekend, so she wanted me to get lost. Not too far from home... Gorgeous country.

photo-3.jpg

The sunset was fantastic!

photo-4.JPG

I never get sick of looking up to the sky during the evening light.

photo-2.jpg

The next day involved wading and throwing a fly into the water...4 fish later it was time to head home. Time for reality!

Summer has concluded for us! No, not based on the calendar but we are all back to work...Fall is in the air here in Park City. The deserts of Utah are calling...More to come!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94