Any Fully built F150 expedition builds?

jeepin_idaho

Adventurer
That is a good looking truck Bdk. I love my 06 F150 and I find them to be very capable right out of the box. No they wont rock crawl but for me that is not what I am looking for. For me a small lift, good tires, some skid plates and if you got the money a locker for the rear she will go anywhere she will fit. I am just waititng for these crappy tires I have currently to die so I can get the tires I really want.

What kind of tires do you have? Gotta make did sure I never get them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bdk

That is a good looking truck Bdk. I love my 06 F150 and I find them to be very capable right out of the box. No they wont rock crawl but for me that is not what I am looking for. For me a small lift, good tires, some skid plates and if you got the money a locker for the rear she will go anywhere she will fit. I am just waititng for these crappy tires I have currently to die so I can get the tires I really want.

I agree, to me an expedition vehicle is not the most capable off-road vehicle, but the most durable. A few upgrades like a small lift, lockers and skids are only there to get you through/ over the obstacles you cannot drive around.

I bought my truck used with 96k on it and it had 10 ply 275/70r18 (33's) mastercraft courser at2's that were installed at 85k. I now have 123k on it and still have plenty of tread, I would guess another 15-20k left in them before they need to be replaced but I'm itching for new tires so I'll probably sell them soon and get new ones. They do pretty well off-road for what they are, but I'm looking for something a little more aggressive. I'll be getting a set of either Cooper ST Maxx or Wrangler Duratracs for my next set. I feel that an aggressive all terrain "commercial" tire will be more durable and less noisy than a mud tire and still provide reasonably good off-road traction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

littlevulture

Hope I don't catch too much flak for adding to a dead thread but here's my 2008 F-150 FX4. The previous owner put a leveling kit on it but aside from that it's all stock to the best of my knowledge. I'm planning on finding a topper of some kind in the near future so I can do quick camping trips at a trail just outside of town.

IMG_9902.JPG
IMG_9922.jpg
IMG_9928.jpg

Tumbleweed

Adventurer
Lots of good thoughts in this thread. I love my 2015 F150 4x4, Super Cab. Threw out the stock junk tires and put on Toyo 10 ply all terrains. Added some step bars to make it easier to get in and add a touch of brush deflection. Adding my serious on board air compressor and tank now. Put on a hard tonneau cover so it can lock and weather proof stuff. Added my dual band ham mobile radio. Very happy with the performance and it tows my 12' tent trailer with ease, even with the little 315hp V6-2.7L twin turbo eco boost. Tow rating of 7600 # I get 16/17mpg in town and around 21 at 80mph on the Interstate. When towing the tent trailer it gets down about 2-3 mpg less but that usually includes a full load of gear. Very pleased with it. Rides great too. I grew up on a ranch in Montana with a 2wd Ford pickup and went anywhere I "needed" to. Sometimes we had to chain up. Have run the gauntlet of 19 Jeeps and a couple of dozen different trucks in the past 40 some years of driving. I think this one is the best all around one yet.

Raul B

Explorer
Was just going to post a link to your build until I saw you had posted a few pages back. Love your Rig!
Thank you for the compliments.... If you haven't done so subscribe to the YouTube channel (search for xpedition outfitters) or join our Facebook page. We are doing some Q&A on the build... Filming starts this Sunday

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

littlevulture

Looks good what other plans do you have for it

Eventually I'd like to build some bumpers and maybe some "rock slider" type things for it, not really because I need them but I want to start getting into fabrication sometime in the next few years. This is my first truck and so far I'm really impressed by what it will do so the rest of my plans are just using it. So far I haven't seen a need for any sort of lift or stuff like that so there's no reason to start messing with all of that and changing things that seem to work great already. I really would like to get some recovery gear because all of my adventures so far have been alone and being alone and unprepared is a recipe for disaster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94