1st Generation Tundra

A good friend of mine recently purchased a 2004? Tundra 4.7L 2wd (thinks 2wd will keep him out of trouble) bone stock. He has been asking me about adding some vehicle protection along with a lift and some general vehicle modifications to make his Tundra fairly stout off road. I went to my go to sources (Arb, Old Man Emu Allpro Etc) and couldn't find anything. Now I am fairly new around this forum but I do not see a whole lot of talk about Tundras going on. Could someone with a 1 gen Tundra point me in the right direction please and thank you!

Stone_Blue

Adventurer
Yeah, for some reason the Tundras got NO aftermarket love, what-so-ever...Hardly even any "official" lift kits out there....Most people seem to making due pretty well with Bilstein 5100 adjustables w/ some type of mild AAL, block, or full spring pack lift for the rear. As to armor protection, VERY slim pickings there....Probably just easier to custom make something, if you have the tools and skills.

I also recommend TundraSolutions...LOTS of good info on the 1st Gens there...Just make sure you use the SEARCH function before just throwing up new threads...ESPECIALLY concerning the Bilstein 5100's...TONS of info on them already up...

How high does he wanna go with the lift?...

Yeah, for some reason the Tundras got NO aftermarket love, what-so-ever...Hardly even any "official" lift kits out there....Most people seem to making due pretty well with Bilstein 5100 adjustables w/ some type of mild AAL, block, or full spring pack lift for the rear. As to armor protection, VERY slim pickings there....Probably just easier to custom make something, if you have the tools and skills.

I also recommend TundraSolutions...LOTS of good info on the 1st Gens there...Just make sure you use the SEARCH function before just throwing up new threads...ESPECIALLY concerning the Bilstein 5100's...TONS of info on them already up...

How high does he wanna go with the lift?...

Im trying to convince him to go with the Icon stage 1 suspension kit but with just the front components and Deaver springs make an excellent leaf spring pack for it. We talked again last night and I had asked the question what is the main goal with this truck is. Basiclly he wants this Tundra to go everywhere from Mammoth to Cabo, in comfort and the legendary Toyota dependability. What lift do you have on your Tundra?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles