Back to the Tip of Cape York

Aussie Iron

Explorer
30/7/2013.
Well finally we have a date for our trip up to the Cape again. At this stage it is 2 vehicles a Mitsubishi Challenger (my brother) and my Canter. I'll put an invite out to anyone that is wanting to go and is interested in joining us you are welcome. If you feel that your vehicle is capable but you don't have recovery gear it is not a problem as we are well setup in that department. Itinerary has not been set as yet but the Creb track is in the plan and going up the Old Telegraph Track to the Jardine for a look at how deep it is. Leaving Townsville 30th. so I (my wife and myself) will be making our way from Gladstone a few days prior. The hope is to do 4 weeks up there so we will not be rushing along and damaging vehicles.

Dan.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
hows those flashy wheels and tyres going Dan
what sort of wear are you getting out of them

I'll have that answer in a couple of weeks when i do a rotate on them. It's looking good I recon but I'll take tread depth measurements and photos when I have them of and post up in Alans tyre and rim thread.

Dan.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Well it looks like we will be leaving home Sunday morning to go up to Townsville for our trip back up to the Cape. If all goes well we will head off Tuesday. This time we have vehicle mounted cameras and will be taking video as well as some stills. Not taking the slide-on this time, we now have a more compact camp body that has a bed and storage for our gear.

Dan.

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Dan,

We hope you and your family have a great and safe trip.
We hope you guys have as much fun as we all did.
Can't wait to see your pics and videos of your trip.
And don't for get to book Chilli Beach camp site before you go out there which is such a pain in the a.. .

oz101

Hi Dan, It was great to meet you and your wife today, Hope to bump in to you again up on the Cape sometime, I will give you a call when we leave Cairns, should be Tuesday sometime, depending on if I can get my DC gen-set mended quickly.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Well, we got home late this afternoon. Great trip and a good time. We meet a few other Canter owners traveling around the area. I'll start a new thread on the trip and hopefully be able to put up video when I get it sorted out. It will take some sorting through as we ran 3 video cameras on most crossings.

Dan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles