2013 Nissan Frontier front winch bumper

mike r

Adventurer
I had a older xterra bumper that was the prototype for the 2010 frontier that I sold to a friend who installed on a 2006 frontier.. Breath..it all fits

Tappet

Observer
asfir4x4 makes a aluminum bumper for the the Navara D40. Try contacting them and see if they make the brackets for it to fit a Frontier D40.

32770d1310911364-trip-morocco-may-2011-img_0162.jpg

Have the genuine Nissan/ made by ARB on mine but that bar is the best I have ever seen on a D40.

Mo4130

Adventurer
I can also vouch for the arb. I love mine. The fact that it's certified to use with airbags is nice too

coop74

Old Camping Dude
I'm super pleased with my ARB and would recommend it if you decide to go the steel route!

Are those the factory flood lights or did you get the ARB ones? I just ordered an ARB bumper for my 14 Frontier and i have heard it both ways about fitment of the existing factory floods into the mounting holes.

looking for some first hand knowledge.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

duckhunter71

Adventurer
Are those the factory flood lights or did you get the ARB ones? I just ordered an ARB bumper for my 14 Frontier and i have heard it both ways about fitment of the existing factory floods into the mounting holes.

looking for some first hand knowledge.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Those are the ARB ones. I was under the impression that the stockers would mount up in there, but they will not. I used a set of adapters I got off of eBay to connect them to the wiring harness for the stock fog light switch and they worked perfectly.

duckhunter71

Adventurer
hattrik how sure are you about that?

I called ARB and they said the bumpers are not interchangeable and they do not sell the mounting brackets separately.

the first obvious difference are the fog lights, I am wondering if the measurements are the same for the pieces that matter; clearance for headlights, access to hood latch, frame mounting etc.

IMG_2161_lr.jpg

I bought my Frontier ARB off of eBay and that was the image the seller used. I can't confirm if they are interchangeable, but I can't seeing them being that different seeing as how there's such a gap between the bumper and fender on the Xterras that you have to chop the stock bumper cover as a filler.

justbecause

perpetually lost
I talked to a guy who is using a frontier bumper on an X. he said the way it sits there is no way an ARB X could go on a frontier; it would sit into the grill and you would have to cut sheet metal on the fenders.

that you can go Frontier to X, but that it sits low and forward. even at $350 and local I didnt want to take the chance.

duckhunter71

Adventurer
I talked to a guy who is using a frontier bumper on an X. he said the way it sits there is no way an ARB X could go on a frontier; it would sit into the grill and you would have to cut sheet metal on the fenders.

that you can go Frontier to X, but that it sits low and forward. even at $350 and local I didnt want to take the chance.

You do have to trim the upper bumper cover where it flares out on each side to mount the Frontier ARB. It also sits on top of the upper bumper cover just below the grille.

ShinySideUp

I'll toss in my $.02. I have a Shrockworks that was meant for a Frontier on my Equator. It was without a doubt worth the wait! I have had two deer strikes, one hog strike, and bounced it off a boulder about two weeks ago. The only way you can tell at all is that the paint (that was applied after I bought it, not by Shrockworks) is a little worse for wear. I also drove out there to pick up the bumper, as I live in San Antonio, and Houston is only 3 hours away. Everyone there was awesome! I will be getting my rock sliders from them without a doubt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior