2013 Nissan Frontier front winch bumper

wardrow

Adventurer
Hey guys! Looking at buying a Frontier Pro 4X for the wife. Looking at after-market accessories and trying to find an aluminum front winch bumper. Does this exist, or is it off to a local fabricator?

ryandavenport

Adventurer
There aren't any options out there as far as an aluminum front bumper goes. It takes a special person to weld aluminum too. May I ask why you want aluminum. Most people want it for weight savings, but at the thickness that would be required for it to be the equivalent strength, it would net you very little weight savings if any at all. Heftyfabworks makes a steel bumper that fits the front very well. Shrockworks makes one as well, but expect longer wait times. Those are the only two companies I can think of that make attractive bumpers for 2nd Gen Nissans.

RonapRhys

Adventurer
If you're after weight savings, still want to be able to winch, and aren't looking for something that you'll regularly bounce off rocks, ARB and/or Calmini may be your best options - they're lightweight, stronger than stock, you can use them to winch, and you'll be a better approach angle.

Now, if you want something that'll stand up to abuse go with Shrock or Hefty. Shrockworks probably makes the best one out there and Hefty gets some (sometimes deserved) flack - but I'm running a Hefty that I got used and haven't had any issues. I've winched with it and be strapped over things with no problems.

Roktoys84

Adventurer
There aren't any options out there as far as an aluminum front bumper goes. It takes a special person to weld aluminum too. May I ask why you want aluminum. Most people want it for weight savings, but at the thickness that would be required for it to be the equivalent strength, it would net you very little weight savings if any at all. Heftyfabworks makes a steel bumper that fits the front very well. Shrockworks makes one as well, but expect longer wait times. Those are the only two companies I can think of that make attractive bumpers for 2nd Gen Nissans.

I called HeftyFab a few weeks ago to order a front bumper for my 2012 Frontier and was told they don't actually make one for the Frontier at this time. Shrockworks is a 3-4 month wait so I'll probably order a Calmini pre runner bumper for now.

hattrik21

Adventurer
I have an ARB on my Xterra. The only difference between the Fronty and X are the mounting horns and the trimming you need to do to the plastic. The bumper itself is the same for the Xterra, Fronty and Pathy.

justbecause

perpetually lost
hattrik how sure are you about that?

I called ARB and they said the bumpers are not interchangeable and they do not sell the mounting brackets separately.

the first obvious difference are the fog lights, I am wondering if the measurements are the same for the pieces that matter; clearance for headlights, access to hood latch, frame mounting etc.
frontier-bull-bar-front.jpg

IMG_2161_lr.jpg

mikeJKUR

Adventurer
Hey guys! Looking at buying a Frontier Pro 4X for the wife. Looking at after-market accessories and trying to find an aluminum front winch bumper. Does this exist, or is it off to a local fabricator?
asfir4x4 makes a aluminum bumper for the the Navara D40. Try contacting them and see if they make the brackets for it to fit a Frontier D40.

32770d1310911364-trip-morocco-may-2011-img_0162.jpg

FastNissan

In the Boulder Ironworx thread they mention that they can do aluminum and that they are willing to work on various Nissan models, I'm sure the newer Frontiers would be one they'd be happy to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarCaveUSA