Cowboy 4X4 ambulance mini mod build

cowboy4x4

Explorer
I have acquired a new vehicle for my next project.. I will be picking this up in a couple of days..... I can't wait.

cjken

Explorer
I found a similar style ambo..
Mine has the 7.3 non turbo. Runs great I'm just concerned about the lower power of the non turbo idi motor. I'm gonna drive it around for a month to see if I get used to it before converting. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371998556.631707.jpg

TBS

Observer
Are you picking it up in the Houston area? I'm pretty sure I saw this in a local CL add and it deff peaked my interest. Mileage was high, but other than that it looked to be a sweet deal.

cowboy4x4

Explorer
Yes.... this is the one you saw. It was on CL and ebay, Mileage is high but there is a possibility that it had a new motor put in at 300k which means this one may only have 33k on it. When I get back home with it my mechanic will tell for sure. For being a mini mod with a 7.3 I'll risk it... I'll just save up for a rainy day.

TBS

Observer
Yes.... this is the one you saw. It was on CL and ebay, Mileage is high but there is a possibility that it had a new motor put in at 300k which means this one may only have 33k on it. When I get back home with it my mechanic will tell for sure. For being a mini mod with a 7.3 I'll risk it... I'll just save up for a rainy day.

Driving it back home?

cowboy4x4

Explorer
So It's officially mine now. It ran like a top the whole way back to CA. I couldn't have picked any hotter days.... viciously hot driving across AZ and NM (in the teens) the temp never got hot. So now the fun begins. Here it is at my place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles