Looking for info on lift mechanisms- pics, drawings, diagrams etc. home-built, others

boznian2

Can't seem to find any good engineering information or pics of the lifting mechanics for the likes of an Autohome Airland, AirTop, Extreme, etc. or other lower cost brand hardshell rooftop tents. Considering a home-built version (for customization reasons, not necessarily cost savings) and wondered if anyone has some further information and/or experience from doing it themselves. Also wondering how the top is kept stable and in place when raised in the face of strong winds. Does anyone know if or where these types of lifting systems or parts can be sourced?

Has anyone built a hardshell RTT out of aluminum rather than FG?

thx

boznian2

I was hoping that someone with a Maggiolina or equivalent might have some pictures or info on the inner-workings of the crank lift system. And how do you keep the fabric from getting mashed in the lift system?

boznian2

The airbag system is pretty cool but I think would have limited applications because of the size of the bags. I was really hoping that someone here would be able to share some info and pics about their existing mechanical lift system for a hard shell. Can't even get any info from the manufacturers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz